Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: To get through today  (Read 1901 times)

• Then things got just plain Silly!
  • Liked: 1
To get through today
« on: August 02, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »
Having a really hard time of things today. Today was the day I had counted down for, for what seemed like forever. My now ex boyfriend was flying in today to spend ten days with me. I should be on the way to pick him up at the airport right now, instead I'm sitting here feeling numb and trying not to cry. I made a choice, because honestly I couldn't do the distance anymore. Five years, with no end in sight just got to be too much.. but today really sucks a lot. Our visits and countdowns were what got me through and made it all worthwhile. Today, I just want to hide under the covers and pretend this isn't how life went. I guess today just makes it all seem so totally final and sad.  :\\\'(
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

• Liked: 0
Re: To get through today
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »
I'm sorry, sweetie.  *hugs you*

On the plus side, today is Sunday - hopefully you CAN hide under the covers and just take a day off (well, mostly off, as off as you ever can as a mom).  And tomorrow is another day. :)

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 06:49:04 PM »
I'm sorry you're having a hard time...  I say go ahead and lay under the covers, watch movies that make you laugh, eat some ice cream, go for a run, get some friends together for shopping - or whatever it is that makes you feel better (or at least feel less bad).  Hugs to you.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »
I'm so sorry you're feeling sad today, S.  :(

Wallow in it for a little while and then do something nice for yourself. You deserve it!

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »
Big hugs!!

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 11:03:31 PM »
I'm so sorry.  *hugs*

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 11:39:02 PM »
Just incase you are wondering its not so nice for me either. Sitting here knowing I should be leaving for the airport. You made the choice and the fact I had your engagement ring bought made not one difference to you. I dont understand your choice or why you made it. But I have to live with it. The offer of marriage and moving things forward didnt sway you. You have never once tried to call and my offer of coming there as a friend was refused too. Hence the flights went unused. Throwing away everything was your choice and I will never understand posting here. I can only say two people sitting at opposite ends of the atlantic will never find a solution. But I know honestly, I really and truely wanted to..... :-*

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 11:41:37 PM »
What a crappy situation all around.

busted and SillySprite: I really really feel for you both. *hugs*
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »
Ohhh. What a downer.

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 01:26:30 AM »
(((((((((huge hugs)))))))))

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 03:54:07 AM »
 :\\\'( K well that has me knocked over.

Thank you ladies for the kind words, I wasn't able to hide under the covers as I would have liked. Just got in from work now. Was a long day, and I did a lot of watching the clock waiting for it to just be over.

"Busted", I am not sure what you mean by not understanding my posting here. I am very sad today, and this forum and many of the members have been a support system for me for 4.5 years. The members here have more of an understanding of things that people like us go through in long distance relationships. That's why I post here. I have protected your privacy through all of my posts, and didn't realize you were reading here. I am not going to air all of the details here, but am saddened by how things went for us. Yes, I know I haven't called, and in the end, you asked me not to attempt to contact you anymore so I honored that request. I wanted us to make it as much as you did, I just didn't know how to make that a reality.  :\\\'(
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 06:03:50 AM »
SS,
So sorry to hear that it hasnt worked out.  The two of you have been through a lot together.  Are you sure that breaking up is the right decision?

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 08:52:30 AM »
SS, I am so sorry. Huge hugs!!!!!! 

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »
Oh what a horrible situation for both of you.

Hugs all around I say! :)

:-*

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 01:47:26 AM »
SS,
So sorry to hear that it hasnt worked out.  The two of you have been through a lot together.  Are you sure that breaking up is the right decision?

Thanks QG. I know, it's been five years so hard to just walk away. Thing is, we are still in the same place after all that time, and it seems we maybe always will be. That's where it got to be too much, an ocean in between and a few visits a year. I'm not really sure of anything at this point. Going to take some time while I am away this week to do some thinking and try to make sense of life again.
Walt Disney

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab