Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advisory: Budgeting for Spouse/Fiance(e)/Unmarried Partner visas  (Read 51678 times)

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: Advisory: Budgeting for Spouse/Fiance(e)/Unmarried Partner visas
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »
We really need to know if they would accept projected income from tax credits.

Honestly, I wouldn't base the whole application on it.  It's far better if he could arrange something else that would allow him to meet the income threshold. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 0
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »
Like third party support, or living with us, or a part time job, or savings I presume any of those would surfice x

Thanks for your help love pads x

« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »
Does anyone else know if the UKborder agency will accept projected child tax credits as income if they are claimed by a british person for a british child.

Thanks pads x

• Liked: 6
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2011, 05:26:12 PM »
Does anyone else know if the UKborder agency will accept projected child tax credits as income if they are claimed by a british person for a british child.

Thanks pads x

Is it possible for your son to visit your girlfriend and bring the child back with him, apply for child tax credits, get them granted then the minute he has them apply for the visa?  It would mean mother/baby being apart for a few weeks though and I guess you'd be on babysitting duty while your son is working.

Just an idea, I understand she'd probably not be up for being away from the baby for a month though...

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2011, 09:53:58 PM »
I don't think that would be possible Shandy he dosen't have the air fair for one thing and for another I don't know if she would want to be seperated from the baby for that long.

For another he mother is threatening to make her homless and I think the only thing keeping her from doing it at the moment is the baby if she wasn't there then I think she would make his wife homeless.

But it would be a good idea and would solve the problem yes .

Thanks love pads x

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2011, 08:00:51 PM »
What about if he was to get savings from somewhere how much would he need if he is bout 250 pounds a month short.  Has anyone any idea's.

Thanks pads

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2011, 09:25:58 PM »
Just want to pick the brains on this forum, if I may.  I've read through quite a few of these maintenance questions over the past couple of years, but can't see to find the specific question I'm thinking about.

I know that there is by no means a "magic number" when it comes to proving maintenance funds and that it really is up to the ECO's discretion, but I'm thinking of using the benchmark of showing at least 6 months worth of maintenance funds (just to round off to a figure for us).  What do you think? 

It's only my husband and I and we're both currently in the US (so moving over with no jobs).  We're hoping to move together to the UK once I have my ILE (been married over 4 years and passed the KOL test) in hand.  My brother-in-law will provide us the documentation stating we can stay with him and my sister-in-law, so our contributions will be minimal.

« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »
What about if he was to get savings from somewhere how much would he need if he is bout 250 pounds a month short.  Has anyone any idea's.

Thanks pads

£3,000 savings or thereabouts I'd imagine.

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2011, 08:47:56 AM »
Hi its pads again what is the position regarding if you get a loan to show savings would they just count it as savings or would it be frowned upon because it is a loan paid in by your bank.

Could someone please clarify .

Thanks pads

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2011, 09:27:26 AM »
Hi its pads again what is the position regarding if you get a loan to show savings would they just count it as savings or would it be frowned upon because it is a loan paid in by your bank.

Could someone please clarify .

Thanks pads

I haven't ever heard of anyone using a loan before, so I don't know if there are rules regarding using loans. However, the thing is that if you have a large deposit showing on your bank statements, you have to explain it and prove that it will not have to be paid back (i.e. it could be a wedding gift or an inheritance etc.) and that it is not there purely for meeting the visa requirements.

A loan will have to be paid back and unless it is taken out for a different purpose than meeting the visa requirements (i.e. it is for university tuition fees or starting a business or something), you'll have a hard time proving that you haven't just taken it out for the sake of getting the visa.

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2011, 07:51:35 PM »
What if someone was to gift him the money could they send a note explaining that it was a wedding gift or something .

Love pads x

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2011, 09:07:55 AM »
What if someone was to gift him the money could they send a note explaining that it was a wedding gift or something .

Love pads x

Yes, there's not a problem with that, as long as it is made clear in a letter from the person giving them the money that it is a gift and is not expected to be repaid at a later date.

« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2011, 10:52:10 AM »
How about you son travels to the USA to visit, when he returns, bring his daughter with him and instantly applies for child tax credits.  The second he is accepted, get the mother (fiance) to submit her visa on a priority application.  The extra tax credits will push him over the limit and she'll be apart from the child for a matter of a few weeks (hard I know but still) job done...

« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »
It would be a good idea but there is the cost of the flight and visiting he only has enough for the visa but yes it is a possibility if he could find the money.

And also if my daughter in law was willing to let the baby come back with him x

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2011, 01:34:44 PM »
I just found this in the new family consultation and it sheds more light on how the amount neccesary is calculated for the maitenance requirement:

Applying the current maintenance requirement In calculating whether a sponsor meets the current maintenance requirement, caseworkers follow a 5-stage process:

1. Establish the sponsor's current income: From evidence provided. The net income is established and if the income varies, an average is calculated. Disability living allowance can be included as income.

2. Establish the sponsor's current housing costs: From evidence provided.

3. Deduct the housing costs from the net income

4. Calculate how much the sponsor and his family would receive if they were on Income Support: The Income Support rates are increased annually.

Note that (a) if the sponsor has dependent children under 18, they will receive child tax credit32 in addition to personal allowances (cases pre-dating September 2005 will receive a personal allowance for each dependent child and a family premium); and (b) where the sponsor is aged 60 or over, the calculation should be based on the minimum guarantee pension credit rates, rather than Income Support.

5. Compare the sponsor's net income after deduction of housing costs with the equivalent Income Support rate

Example calculation
 Sponsor is a married man aged 40 asking for entry clearance for his wife and their 16 year old son. Sponsor's average weekly income is £300 and his weekly rent and council tax payments amount to £180.

Sponsor's net income £300.00
Less housing costs £180.00
Net income for comparison £120.00

Equivalent Income Support rates
Personal allowance for couple aged over 18 £105.95
Basic family rate £ 10.48 (£17.40 for legacy cases)
Tax credit for dependent child £ 49.13 (£57.57 for legacy cases)
Total Income Support rate for comparison £165.56 (£180.92 for legacy cases)

As the Income Support rate is higher than the net income, the sponsor would not meet the maintenance requirement.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:36:59 PM by Cali Girl »
August 2008 - Tier 4 - Student Visa
February 2010 - Tier 1 - PSW
January 2012 - FLR(M)
June 2014 - ILR (finally!)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab