Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: PETS entry for cat  (Read 4354 times)

• Liked: 1
PETS entry for cat
« on: July 22, 2004, 06:41:25 PM »
Hi Folks,

Has anyone recently taken an animal to the UK under the PETS scheme?  I wanted to hear what the experience is like.   

I have had my cat 'chipped, rabies shot and am now waiting for the blood test result now.   There sure are a lot of details. 

I was looking at the Air Animal website and they make it sound like one really needs their expertise, but I am hoping to do it all myself. 

Any experience, strength and hope out there?

Kathleen
Kathleen

"Be who you are and say what you think; those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".   -Dr. Seuss

• Why a duck?
  • Liked: 0
Re: PETS entry for cat
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 08:43:02 PM »
Hi, Kathleen.

My cat is a brand new citizen of Scotland.  He entered without any problems at the end of May.  I just followed the to-do list on the Defra site.  The federal and state (MA) sites were no help at all.

Spucky was 'chipped, vaccinated, and titered with no problems.  I got his PETS certificate with no problem, but I really didn't leave much time for turn-around for the federal vet's signature.  Remember to send the PETS form, the titer results, and the vaccination record to your federal vet!

British Airways was wonderful for his flight.  We flew on the same plane.  The Animal Reception Centre staff are the best.  They feed and walk your cat, so s/he will be very comfortable.  They are also very good at calming owners down.  I was greeted by a staff member saying, ''Ms. Hamilton, Spucky is fine!''  Music to my ears!

My shoulder is available for you anytime.  I'm sure you'll have a question or a hundred, so ask away.

Chris
When I find a funnier sig than twistedncynical's, it will be here.

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 09:53:10 PM »
Be sure the vet that vaccinated your kitty is USDA certified.  If you are not sure, call the USDA to make sure he/she is on their list.

• Why a duck?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 08:52:16 PM »
Wait a sec!  Any vet can give your cat the vaccines.  The vet who certifies the PETS certificate has to be USDA certified.
When I find a funnier sig than twistedncynical's, it will be here.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 08:53:26 PM »
Chris - Thanks so much for the reassuring words!   How lovely of BA to reassure you like that!   And see, it paid off - you recommended them!
I am still waiting for the blood test result, so will update later.

Pcq - You are so right, I should have started at the end of t hat thread,  I thought all the info was old.   Thanks for the response.
Kathleen

"Be who you are and say what you think; those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".   -Dr. Seuss

• Hi there.
    • Trophy Pet Foods
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 08:19:50 PM »
How long is the cerificate good for? I mean, if the 6 months has passed and you've done everything correctly, what is the window for leaving?

Glad to hear it was smooth.
"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included."-Steven Wright

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab