Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New Jersey to Cornwall  (Read 993 times)

• Liked: 0
New Jersey to Cornwall
« on: February 15, 2003, 09:52:05 AM »
:DHello everyone, I moved to Cornwall,England from NJ in Novemeber of 2000....I'm 56,have 5 grown children, 4 in states and 1 in Yorkshire...I met my husband on the internet, came to England to see my daughter,and we met in person,and was married 4 months latter...now living in the beautiful South West....

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: New Jersey to Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 11:35:10 AM »
Do your other kids now curse your daughter (for the "excuse"), or think it's just the grandest thing ever? [smiley=laugh4.gif]

Goodness, that is an adventure!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 12:28:02 PM »
welcome Lady C,,,,glad you found the site!

barbara

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 06:06:21 PM »
Hello Carolyn,   Nice to see you found us...  and me...  LOL!now you see where I have been spending all my time the past several months.

This is a good site...  hope you and Barry? (is that hubby's name) are doing well...  NO, I am still not over there yet...  but it is getting closer... divorce had some delays...but is back on track now...  just a matter of time.

Shel (from maryland)
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 07:02:37 PM »
Hello and welcome.

I am also originally from New Jersey - Manasquan on the Jersey Shore.  Which part of the state are you from?  I've been here since 1991, and live in Bristol (not too far from Cornwall).  The beaches here aren't quite as good as they are back in NJ (although some of the beaches in Cornwall come close), but I love living here and hope you are enjoying it too.
Suzanne

Sponsored Links