Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taxes and National Insurance Numbers?  (Read 3133 times)

• Liked: 0
Taxes and National Insurance Numbers?
« on: February 17, 2003, 11:44:50 AM »
I received two very official looking envelopes the other day concerning my taxes here and I am a bit confused.  I have been in this country since December 2nd and working since January 13th.  For my first paycheck I was given a temporary NI number because I am a EU citizen.  The documents I received asked for me to verify the info they had on me, which said that I was here since April 2002!  And for me to verify my National Insurance number they had, but I can't because I don't know what my permanent one is yet.  I don't understand a thing in that whole form.  I guess I am just supposed to correct what I can, but I would love to hear from anyone else who has received similar documents before I go to it.
Thank you to anyone who can shed light on this situation.

Re: Taxes and National Insurance Numbers?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 01:12:01 PM »
That's right.  You can verfiy what you can and attach a covering letter to the forms with your specific situation.  

Obviusly, not having the benefit of looking at these forms I cannot advise you as to what exactly they are.

Please feel free to send these to me by e-mail (if you have a scanner) to my private e-mail address, and I will advise you as to what these forms are and what they are trying to achieve.

Regards

Helen Tanhaie
HT TAX
h.tanhaie@ntlworld.com
HT TAX (US & UK Tax Services)
e-mail:h.tanhaie@ntlworld.com

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 01:51:39 PM »
Thank you, Helen.  I'll scan them this evening.  It's the wording that I don't really understand.  I just asked my employer what I should expect to receive and she said it would just be a card stating my NI number on it.  So there has to be some sort of mix up here.

Thanks again!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 03:22:17 PM »
OK. I will look out for it...
HT TAX (US & UK Tax Services)
e-mail:h.tanhaie@ntlworld.com

Sponsored Links