Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa Interview worries  (Read 1572 times)

• Liked: 0
Visa Interview worries
« on: February 22, 2003, 12:33:02 AM »
Hi,
   I'm a dual national US by birth and UK because I've lived and worked here all of my life, mum was British etc etc.

I'm currently going through the process of finally moving to the US.  I've been longing to live in the US for as long as I remember, but my wife has only just decided to give it a shot.

We are currently at the stage before the interview in the Visa process and I'm (as usual) starting to get worked up, over what might be nothing.

My wife had a TV licence fine/conviction over 20 years ago.  Part of the checklist asks for a police certificate and court records.  The police check has come back empty, however, she has this TV licence conviction from the past.

There is no doubt in my mind that we should tell the INS official about this, but becuase of the time, it seems almost impossible to get any records of the case.

Does anyone have any expieriance of the interviews and the likelyhood that we could have our application turned down over something as trival as this.

Like I said, I'm a born worrier, but I've been waiting for this moment all of my life, and I just want to make sure that all is well.

:(

!he US embassy toRe: Visa Interview worries
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 04:41:00 AM »
I can see your dilemma, and it would be easy for me to say don't worry about it, but clearly you are.

Just think, that if you are having trouble finding records for it that should mean that it will be impossible for the INS to find it either.  

For a trivial matter that is twenty years old it really isn't going to make any difference, so I suppose your wife could disclose it if she feels it necessary but whether she does or not it won't be a problem.

I went through the interview at the US embassy eighteen months ago (on September 10th 2001!) and it really wasn't too much of an ordeal.  

PM me if you have any other questions I can help with. :)
Richard

Re: Visa Interview worries
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 01:09:26 PM »
Hi,
   thanks for the reply.  I was kind of hoping someone would reply, saying it was unlikely to cause a probelm.

I still think I'll mention it, however, on the Embassy web site it says that if you cannot find records, youcan bring a letter from the original court.

Once again, thanks for the reassurance, and the offer of help.

Bill McDonald :)

Sponsored Links