Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bikram yoga in London?  (Read 1467 times)

• Liked: 0
Bikram yoga in London?
« on: February 23, 2010, 10:34:44 PM »
Can anyone recommend a Bikram yoga studio in London?

Thanks!

Re: Bikram yoga in London?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:47:02 AM »
I went to this place:

http://www.bikramyogasoho.co.uk/

Did their trial.  I like yoga, hadn't done Bikram though, so don't have a basis for comparison.  Anyway..it was fine.  Not my cup of tea, but it was okay.  For £20 though, might be worth checking it out?

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 08:51:42 PM »
Great, sb15, thanks so much!

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 09:36:17 AM »
Hi,

I've been practicing at the studio in Balham for the past year and it's a great studio.  I've been to the one in Soho and I don't like it as much because it's in a basement.  The Balham studio also has a sister studio in Fulham.  It's £10 for the first ten days so you can try it out.  I really love the teachers and the space.  It's pretty full in the evenings and weekends, but if you go during the day it's less crowded.  Check out their site, it's

www.hotbikramyoga.co.uk

Hope that helps!
Cyd

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 02:40:30 PM »
Yeah, that's another thing I didn't like about it.  I dunno, I enjoy windows when I do yoga, but I also don't do the hot yoga so I don't know if you need the room to be that small, or anything.

I'm also a Syd, btw.  I so rarely see the Cyd spelling!  But I like it.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 11:59:15 PM »
I've been doing yoga for the past 6 years, and I seriously hate Bikram yoga. Like, big time. I live very close to the Balham studio, and bought the 10 classes for £10 introductory offer. I went once, and cursed all the way home.

I know some people enjoy it, so I wont go too far down the rabbit hole into my anti-Bikram yoga rant. I WOULD recommend trying Vinyasa yoga, which is challenging and gets your blood moving without needing to turn up the temperature to "fiery depths of hell".

The studio I go to is Surya Yoga near Clapham South, its a nice studio space with nice lighting and a nice peaceful atmosphere. Its also a lot quieter than going to a Bikram studio, which is often packed (I tried a class at 3pm and it was bodies to the walls full).

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:26:58 AM »
Oh, thanks for the recommendation, that's not too far from me, I don't think. 

I felt claustrophobic in the Bikram class.  When I was living back in New York, I went to a studio that was so great, I miss it.  The classes were challenging, but the teachers were great. 

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »
I walk from Balham every Monday night, the guy who teaches the 6:30pm class is really great! :)

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 09:49:54 AM »
Hi,

I've been practicing at the studio in Balham for the past year and it's a great studio.  I've been to the one in Soho and I don't like it as much because it's in a basement.  The Balham studio also has a sister studio in Fulham.  It's £10 for the first ten days so you can try it out.  I really love the teachers and the space.  It's pretty full in the evenings and weekends, but if you go during the day it's less crowded.  Check out their site, it's

www.hotbikramyoga.co.uk

Hope that helps!
Cyd

To update on this - I went to the sister studio in Fulham this weekend, and loved it.  A much, much better experience than the one in Soho.  I felt great after class.

I'm just doing the introductory offer right now, but I'll see how I feel when it's done. 

Sponsored Links