Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ronald Mcdonald, you fruit  (Read 984 times)

• Liked: 0
Ronald Mcdonald, you fruit
« on: March 01, 2003, 12:20:11 PM »
This morning I went to a friend of mine's website www.restaurantworkshop.com ,  his company trains people in the food service.  While I was on his site I checked out the News Headlines which has links to the latest news in the Food Industry....and have learned some new info on Mcdonalds.  The link that i got the article from is here www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/28/world/main542435.shtml
 Apparently Mcdonalds is going to try a new marketing idea, they are going to add fresh fruit to there fast food menu!  The UK is going to be the first country in the world to have fruit offered by Mcdonalds.  
Mcdonalds hasn't said whether or not they are going to offer the fruit in US.
Personally, I can't ever imagine buying fruit at mcdonalds.  "Hi, I would like a quarter pounder with strawberries and grapes on the side with a diet coke"....no no no that doesn't sound as good as "Give me a quarter pounder with cheese, fries and a coke, super sized".
Maybe it will work for others, but for me it just doesn't work.... I'll get my fresh fruit at the store and if i want Mcdonalds I'll just stick to the classic Mcdonalds meal.

Re: Ronald Mcdonald, you fruit
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 11:34:18 PM »
Is it April 1st already?  ::)
Richard

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 11:25:32 PM »
This............[cut for the masses][/i].......meal.

I was damn surprised that MacDonalds sell a variety of salads when we went to the states last time.  This was around the NY area and I'd never seen them before, not even in the states.  So I don't know whether it was one of those specific area type things, or if it was something new that they were just trying out and would make a regular item on the menu for all their branches after a while.  

Maybe they're seeing that the competition like subway who sell more healthy food are doing good business and they want part of the action?  After seeing the salads it wouldn't surprise me at all if they started selling fruit too.

Let's face it....There are more MacDonalds per square foot in London than any part of the states anyhow ;) lol
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 11:27:34 PM by Nefandous »

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 02:39:10 AM »
I have no comments to pass along regarding the subject matter of this post, however I would nominate the Subject line for the "All time Bestest Subject Line in an Anglo/American Expat Web Site's Forum" contest.

I intend to use the line "Ronald Mcdonald, you fruit" at least twice a day. I don't think it will actually be as difficult as many would think.

Sponsored Links