Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: %^&*ing photocopier  (Read 969 times)

• Liked: 8
%^&*ing photocopier
« on: August 12, 2004, 03:43:05 PM »
Alright, so I'm thinking of applying for a job...and not wanting to spread that info all around my office.  So today I'm trying to copy the application form (I know, misuse of company resources..so fire me!), which is one of those complicated A3, front and back, folio type thingies.  Fine.  No big deal.  Of course I wait until I'm sure nobody else will want to use the copier because I just don't want to have to explain anything at this point.

So things are going smoothly.  UNTIL THE FREAKING PAPER JAMS IN THE COPIER.  Fine.  I can handle that.  UNTIL EVERYONE FILES INTO THE ROOM FOR A MEETING.  Fine.  Play it cool, Lola.  UNTIL MY SUPERVISOR WALKS RIGHT OVER AND STARTS TRYING TO CLEAR THE JAM FOR ME.  I'm terrified she'll pull out a half-eaten sheet with JOB APPLICATION at the top of it. BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.   :o

Whew.

So I say, "Hey, let's just go ahead with the meeting and I'll clear the jam afterward."  Fine.  We do that.  So we go through the entire two-hour meeting with my job application hanging halfway out of the photocopier.  I spend the entire meeting wondering if anyone has 20/20 vision capable of reading the print from 30 feet away.  I visualize smashing the copier to bits with my [awesome embroidered flowers with sequin centers] flip flop and running out of the office, never to return.

Then I relax.  I say, fine, I'll clear it when the meeting's over.  No big deal.  Then I remember that the copier reverts back to the misprinted page once the jam is clear...meaning my job application is going to print out no matter what and I have to be around when it does.  Meaning nobody can be around when I attack the machine.

Anyway, after about a dozen tries, I did get the machine to work.  And I have the copies in my hot little hand right now.  But seriously, it's like the copier had it in for me or something!

Maybe he talked to the photocopier at the school where I used to teach....she never wanted me to copy wedding-related materials and always jammed up when I REALLY didn't need her to!

sigh... :-\\\\

« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 03:44:43 PM by lolabola »

Re: %^&*ing photocopier
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 03:45:49 PM »
oooooooooo  photo-copier Karma.   :o

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 03:47:38 PM »
LOL [smiley=laugh4.gif] Sorry to laugh but that was just really funny...sounds like something that would happen to me. :P Glad you got it out ok and no one saw. :)

So do you even remember anything the meeting was about or what was said or were you too obsessed with the copier the entire time?  ;D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 03:54:40 PM »
Ever seen a hysterically funny movie called 'Office Space' ?

It is a MUST SEE for anyone who's ever worked in an office... it even includes your fantasy sequence of smashing a photocopier (acutally, it may be a printer, but still...)

Famous quote from film:  'PC Load Letter?  What the f**k does that mean?!?'  (followed by crashing sounds)
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 03:57:28 PM »
So do you even remember anything the meeting was about or what was said or were you too obsessed with the copier the entire time?  ;D

Well, I paid attention (I had to take the minutes!), but I was totally focused on the copier....I just couldn't let gooooooooo!!!!!

Ever seen a hysterically funny movie called 'Office Space' ?

Actually, my first thought when I saw the sad little "MISFEED MISFEED MISFEED" symbol was, "F***.  This is such an Office Space moment."   ;D  That movie cracks me up!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 04:02:03 PM »
Oh - I'm borrowing this from some dear friends (reminder, Mr Nibbles  ;)  ) and can't wait to see it!  ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links