Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: had the job interview!  (Read 1069 times)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
had the job interview!
« on: August 16, 2004, 11:10:45 PM »
Well, I survived it! The panel interview was much less intimidating that I'd feared which was great. I think it went really well but obviously no idea yet. They're making a decision 'very soon' so I could know as early as tomorrow but definitely by 31 August as one of the decision makers is actually retiring then.

There were 4 candidates for 2 jobs. One position was something I'm not really qualified for so I'm hoping that the other 3 are good contenders for that one and I'm good for the other job!

[stress] PLEASE SEND LOADS OF GOOD VIBES!!!! [/stress]
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Liked: 0
Re: had the job interview!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 11:18:35 PM »
Good luck.   I'm sure you'll get it.  BTW, if you don't mind me asking, in which industry is the job in?

bvamin

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 11:51:23 PM »
Hire vibes being sent!  I'm going to go look and see if you posted what job you were interviewing for. If I can't find it I will march right back here to ask  ;D

• Why a duck?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 01:28:06 AM »
Joining LisaE with

getthejobgetthejobgetthejobhiretheyankhiretheyank hiretheyankgetthejobgetthejobgetthejob
When I find a funnier sig than twistedncynical's, it will be here.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 02:12:49 AM »
Good luck! :D Fingers crossed for you. ;)

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 09:09:41 AM »
Good luck. I'm sure you'll get it. BTW, if you don't mind me asking, in which industry is the job in?

bvamin
Hire vibes being sent! I'm going to go look and see if you posted what job you were interviewing for. If I can't find it I will march right back here to ask ;D

If you didn't find it, it's a part time lecturing job in art and design history at Bath Spa University College. Not as many hours as I'd hoped, but a great foot in the door opportunity.

Stressed!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 04:34:31 PM »
Vibes chica muchos vibes.... :)
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 04:40:35 PM »
 :\\\'(

[cry] Didn't get it. [/cry]

Very bummed.

• Dharma in the Dishes
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 05:05:15 PM »
balmerhon, not to worry. I have a strict philosophy that nothing happens that wasn't meant to happen. Which means a better job awaits. :) Keep trying, love.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 05:52:38 PM »
no worries, there is always something better out there.

bvamin

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 06:04:09 PM »
sorry to hear they picked the wrong applicant.. but chin up... it's their loss... soon some lucky employer will hire you and find out what they were missing...
                                                                                                              Jo
It's the difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

Lipstick? Where woman? There is no lipstick!
She wasn't kissing your lips my darling

What's it gonna be Merv?
Interesting deal
She'll do it. If she has to kill everyone in this room. She'll do it. She's in love.
*sigh*
It's amazing how the path of love is so alike to the path of insanity

2gether 4ever Jo & Jimmy

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 06:05:13 PM »
balmerhon, not to worry. I have a strict philosophy that nothing happens that wasn't meant to happen. Which means a better job awaits. :) Keep trying, love.

Exactly!!

Go to the pub and have a couple of drinks and shake it all off. Your job is coming. Hang in there hunny.  [smiley=hug.gif]
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 06:19:54 PM »
Sorry, darlin'.... Their loss for sure, though.... This just means there's a better and more appropriate one around the corner!!!

Sponsored Links