Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pervy Facebook friend  (Read 1359 times)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Pervy Facebook friend
« on: May 27, 2010, 06:49:05 PM »
A lot of my Facebook friends are people I knew in high school.

I received a friend request from a guy I went to high school with.

I accepted it because I always accept friend requests from people I've known in person, and he is Facebook friends with some of my other Facebook friends.

On this guys profile, it says he is married.  His wife's name isn't listed. (DH and I are friends with each other on facebook. His name is on my profile as "married to" and vice versa.)

He belongs to a group called "Younger women who like older married men."

He has made two posts on my wall so far.

One says that he "Likes" a page about pole-dancing.

The other says that he "Likes" a page for an adult "discreet" dating site.

I feel funny deleting him as a friend because my other facebook friends haven't.

But he is starting to get on my nerves a little.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:51:07 PM by sweetpeach »

Re: Pervy Facebook friend
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:54:48 PM »
If you don't want to delete him, you can always screen him from being able to post on your wall, and limit what he can see on your facebook page.  Frankly though, I'd dump him from your friends list.  If someone makes you feel uncomfortable then you should be able to de-friend them if you want without having to worry about what other people think.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:00:28 PM by internet addict »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 06:56:12 PM »
Oh Gross.  And how uncomfortable for you.
Well, I just did a 'cull' of my friend's list.  Lots of people from high school went.  I think a lot of people friend the world and don't care about what weird things they're up to.  His questionable morals make you uncomfortable, why keep him around?  And there is always a good chance he won't notice you de-friended him.  
I wouldn't fret too much about what other people will think.  It's not like at school, no one will ask you why you are or aren't friends with so-and-so.
He made a choice to be open about his lifestyle, he has to accept not everyone would approve.

• York Interweb
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 08:54:40 AM »
How do I block him from posting on my wall?

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »
Did he actually make a post on your wall to tell you he likes that stuff, or is this stuff that he's done that is just showing up on your news feed?  If it's just showing up on your feed, you can hide his updates by hovering over the update itself and to the right, the word "hide" will appear.  Click that and it will give you the option to "hide" that person's updates and they won't appear in your news feed.  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:11:23 AM by 0phinky »

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 09:53:38 AM »
Frankly though, I'd dump him from your friends list.  If someone makes you feel uncomfortable then you should be able to de-friend them if you want without having to worry about what other people think.

Personally, like IA, I'd delete anyone who made me feel uncomfortable like that. And possibly block them. You don't have to subject yourself to that.

But if you find the halfway measures, sufficient and you are OK with that, then do that.

• York Interweb
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »
Did he actually make a post on your wall to tell you he likes that stuff, or is this stuff that he's done that is just showing up on your news feed?  If it's just showing up on your feed, you can hide his updates by hovering over the update itself and to the right, the word "hide" will appear.  Click that and it will give you the option to "hide" that person's updates and they won't appear in your news feed.  

Thanks. It's just my news feed, not my wall.

It's very strange; those are the only things he has ever posted.

All of my  other FB friends post about things that are going on their lives, opinions on things that are going on in the world, etc.

I just had a look at his wall, and there are a bunch of recent posts that either say he and some women are now friends, or that he just wrote on some woman's wall.

When you click to the page of the woman, the profile picture is of some woman in a bikini or leather sex get-up.

I've hid him from my news feed for now.

I'm curious if he is ever going to put up anything on FB that doesn't have to do with sex, though.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »
I find it funny with fb and having to delete friends..we all feel like we will hurt someones feelings if we delete them. This is a guy you knew in high school...were you good friends with him in school? have you talked to him since high school except for when he sent you a friend request on fb? If he makes you feel uncomfortable delete him. He probably won't even know you did and it is a website you can't really hurt his feelings..and he isn't someone you hang out with. We all have to stop being afraid of hurting peoples feelings. So my suggestion is to delete him and not keep him..good luck
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love
and to be loved in return"

• York Interweb
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 11:34:08 AM »
No, I wasn't good friends with him.

So how do I delete it him as a friend?

I think there was an option when I hovered over this post on my newsfeed, but the posts are gone now.

When I go to him on my Friends list, there's just a link to click to his profile page.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »
You can go to his profile, then scroll down to the bottom, and on the left hand side there are a few options, like Report this person, Block this person, and Remove from Friends.

• York Interweb
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 12:30:56 PM »
Thanks. He's been removed.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab