Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Coping with an ill parent  (Read 1301 times)

• Liked: 0
Coping with an ill parent
« on: March 09, 2003, 01:04:49 AM »
My sister phoned me today to tell me my Dad was taken to the hospital. I really want to be there.  :'( Unfortunately I can't afford to go over when my parents get ill, which is happening alot more now that they are getting older. In most cases it is a minor problem and they are out in a few days. But I know, eventually, that it will be more serious. How do others cope when there is an illness in the family ?  

• Liked: 0
Re: Coping with an ill parent
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 04:45:07 PM »
Hi,

I know how difficult that can be.  My mom has been put in the hospital a couple times with heart problems and I have been unable to get there.  Luckily, the tests on her heart have come back normal.  I have no idea what I would do if something serious happens.  My parents are older too and at the moment we do not have the money to get back to the States for the time being; especially with airline ticket prices so high.  I havent been back to Ohio for nearly 2 1/2 years and have had a baby since then that my family there havent even seen.  
I know I havent been much help to you, but I just wanted to let you know that I understand how hard it is.   :) :)

Dionne
Dionne

Sponsored Links