Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Student Visa's processing timetable  (Read 10669 times)

Re: Student Visa's processing timetable
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2010, 07:05:34 PM »
I sounded to me like someone here was able to call the consulate to find out that there was a problem.  Is that wrong?

There is no way to contact the Consulates by phone.

Best bet is to use the complaints email for your specific Consualte.

You can find the email addresses of the respective Consulates here: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=57518.0

• Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
Well... I sent mine in regular processing to the Los Angeles British Consulate on August 11th and they received it the next day August 12th and I got the confirmation on August 13th. I made a thread about it a few days ago because my flight was supposed to leave last Friday (September 10th). I have faxed them numerous times, emailed them (to both the worldbridge email and one that I found on their Facebook page), and even attempted to go up there which I was of course turned away. I don't have any immigration problems or criminal convictions so I don't know what is taking so long. But, I have rescheduled my tickets to this upcoming Friday the 17th and can only hope that my visa comes by that time.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:33:10 PM by beautifulme »

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2010, 09:21:36 PM »
Today is business day 12 for our "premium" service exceptional visa applications. No news yet. Last Tuesday they told us we can expect a decision by the end of the week. That week came and went. Still waiting. The course starts on Friday

So I sent a complaint email to the NY consulate. This is what was sent back...

Dear___,

Thank you for the below. Your application is currently still pending. We will not be able to make decision on your application until we have completed the required checks on your application. Whilst I appreciate you were informed that a decision was to be made several days ago, I regret to inform you that your application has encountered slight delays due to the below reasons. Furthermore, as stated on our website the payment of the premium fee is not a guarantee that your application will be assessed within 48 hours. We will continue to process your application and once a decision has been made, you will be notified via email.

Regards,

NY Visa Team (JBD)

And all is fine, I totally understand they need to do required checks due to our many traffic convictions, etc. But 12 business days so far with premium processing and they have not even completed the checks yet??? Thats totally unacceptable. It shouldnt take that long to do "checks."

Gotta call St. Andrews now and see what we must do in order to arrive late.  :\\\'(
Biometrics- Aug. 23rd
Premium appt. in NYC - Aug 25th
Fiancee and I were told that processing was expected to take longer than usual
Approval Email...??
Visa in mail...??

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2010, 08:36:40 PM »
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I received an e-mail saying my visa had been issued, but a previous e-mail said that the UPS tracking number would be included. I've e-mailed World Bridge, but I've had no response. I would like to make sure that it's being mailed and that I don't need to pick it up or something. I've also seen mixed information online about whether or not we need to submit $12 for shipping.

Did your visas just arrive in the mail after the 'Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued' e-mail? I paid 330.00 USD at the Chicago consulate. It would be nice to know it's on the way, since I was supposed to be in Scotland last weekend.  ::)

Thanks!

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:37 PM »
Hello,

Online Application- 8/25
Biometrics- 8/30
Documents Received at Chicago Consulate- 8/31
Freaking Out- 9/14 ( close of business day 10)

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2010, 12:01:04 AM »
Hey guys,

Here's the timeline of my visa application

Mailed visa app and related material to Chicago Consulate: August 27th
Received email that application has been received and is in processing: August 31st

Today is the 10th business day and based on the email I was sent the visa should've been processed by now. As has been documented no one answers the phone at the consulate, sent an email to the address listed in the Complaints section of the website last night and sent a fax this afternoon but did not hear back. Worldbridge hasn't been of much help either. I realize now that I should've used the priority service but wasn't aware of it until I visited this forum. I was planning to get to the UK by the 26th so that I could attend orientation etc., hopefully I'll get the visa by then. If there is anyone who has recently received their visa from the Chicago consulate, was wondering how long it took for their visa to be processed.

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2010, 12:55:13 AM »
Hey guys,

Here's the timeline of my visa application

Mailed visa app and related material to Chicago Consulate: August 27th
Received email that application has been received and is in processing: August 31st

Today is the 10th business day and based on the email I was sent the visa should've been processed by now. As has been documented no one answers the phone at the consulate, sent an email to the address listed in the Complaints section of the website last night and sent a fax this afternoon but did not hear back. Worldbridge hasn't been of much help either. I realize now that I should've used the priority service but wasn't aware of it until I visited this forum. I was planning to get to the UK by the 26th so that I could attend orientation etc., hopefully I'll get the visa by then. If there is anyone who has recently received their visa from the Chicago consulate, was wondering how long it took for their visa to be processed.

Looks like our visa documents  arrived on the same day. Let's keep each other posted and hope for good news quick.

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2010, 01:04:38 AM »
I sent my documents to the Chicago office and they sent me a confirmation e-mail on August 25th. They sent an e-mail saying it had been approved on September 13th. I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

I wish the priority service option was mentioned on the UK Border agency info page for the US that everyone directs you to. Disappointing that the information is so hard to find.

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »
Visa approved on Monday and now it's Wednesday and I still don't have a tracking number or any information about it actually being mailed. I did pay for postage.

What a mess.

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
Visa approved on Monday and now it's Wednesday and I still don't have a tracking number or any information about it actually being mailed. I did pay for postage.

What a mess.

At what point in the process did you pay for postage? I don't recall paying for that when I submitted my application.

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »
I sent my documents to the Chicago office and they sent me a confirmation e-mail on August 25th. They sent an e-mail saying it had been approved on September 13th. I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

I wish the priority service option was mentioned on the UK Border agency info page for the US that everyone directs you to. Disappointing that the information is so hard to find.

Thanks for the info. Based on this it seems that I should not freak out until COB on Friday.

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »
At what point in the process did you pay for postage? I don't recall paying for that when I submitted my application.

When you paid for the visa the $12 UPS return fee was included in the cost. Check your confirmation of payment email.

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2010, 03:44:02 PM »
In the e-mail with the subject completed application, it said this: 'The cost of your application, which you have already paid, is: USD 318.00 plus USD 12.00 postage.'

I'm really hoping it shows up today since they couldn't be bothered to include a tracking number.

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »
They received my student visa application in NYC on Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:41 AM. Now it's the 15th and I still haven't heard from them. Does anyone know the fax number for the consulate there? My flight leaves on the 19th from NYC. Am I screwed? I want to be able to pick up my visa if it's done in NYC. I emailed worldbridge and they sent some automated response that told me nothing. Is it possible to pick it up if it's done?  I payed the 12 dollars postage but i just want it ASAP.

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2010, 04:51:33 PM »
Thank you all for the replies re: postage. Out of curiosity, will the consulate contact me if their are issues with my application or are they more likely to outright reject it?

Sponsored Links