Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wii anyone?  (Read 11225 times)

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
Re: Wii anyone?
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »
I don't think the yoga feature is that great (and possibly not entirely well advised), however, because really it can't see if you're achieving a good form, or breathing properly, the way a RL yoga instructor would be able to help you.

I agree that it can be really difficult to know if you're doing those correctly.  I think my past training in ballet has helped a bit with all the alignment and such, but the breathing is just completely beyond me.  I'm totally a breath-holder!  :P  I like it mostly for the stretching, but otherwise I'm not convinced I'm strengthening my core or whatever they say is happening.
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2011, 05:33:32 PM »
I didn't  know they did weights for the Wii Fit I might have to check that out.

These are the ones I got but a quick search of wii dumbbells shows there are several different companies doing them.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2011, 05:57:29 PM »
I have 3 different games that weight you for Wii Fit, within minutes my weight will have an 8 pound range.  I always go by my actual scale. 

I love the rhythm parade!  What I love about the whole thing is that DF created a character last time he was here and now he pops up all over the place in Wii Fit.  Makes me feel a little less lonely.  I love the soccer/football one because he’s the referee!

I have Wii Fit, which I use just about every day, mostly as a warm up and cool down.  I have the Biggest Loser Challenge, which I love, but it does have a lot of pauses in it and it’s almost impossible to actually win any of the challenges.  Just Dance 2 is an absolute obsession of mine; I can play it for hours.  I think that My Fitness Coach is ok, I find the trainer’s voice to be a bit annoying, but somehow mesmerizing so I keep using it.  Plus, she sounds really disappointed when I miss a training session.  My last fitness oriented game is Gold’s Dance Workout.  I’ve only just bought this one and haven’t made my mind up yet.  So far the dance steps are uber complicated for my klutzy self and the actual workout time is extremely short in the program that the trainer set up for me.  Maybe this is changeable? 

I think that I might get the Zumba game in a month or so, I’m going to see how things are going with what I already have.  Some of the other games I have a very physical as well, Skate It, Wii Party, New Carnival Games and Rabbids tv game all seem to get me out of my seat. 

• Liked: 2
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2011, 10:37:39 AM »
I have fallen off the wii wagon a bit since it got nicer and I started the Couch to 5K app to get outside and run/jog/walk.  I do love the biggest loser game but I agree Sscarlett the pauses are annoying to tell you every time to put the controller in Xyz.

I do weight myself by the wii and I have seen the progress of weight go down but I got on a normal scale last night and was disappointed as it was much higher then the wii says. My jeans are slightly looser but I dont think I have lose as much as the Wii says.

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2011, 11:03:54 AM »
After two years of the Wii working fine, we suddenly can't get any of our controllers or the board to sync with the machine.  Has anyone else had this problem?
doing laundry

• Liked: 163
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »
Just to start with the basics, have you checked/replaced the batteries?

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2011, 10:55:59 AM »
 ;D Yes, we've swapped all the batteries around.

We know how to sync them as we've had to do it before.  Now when we hold down the two buttons...forever...it just never seems to "recognize" (or whatever the real term is)?
doing laundry

• Liked: 163
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2011, 06:48:24 PM »
The only other advice I've seen is to unplug everything (power, sensor bar, etc) from the Wii and leave it for a bit, then plug it all back in and try to sync it all up.  If that doesn't get it, I'd probably try Nintendo's support forums next.

Good luck!  :)

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2011, 09:23:34 AM »
Thanks Carl!  Will do.  :)
doing laundry

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »
We hadn't been doing the Wii much since the summer came - better weather meaning we wanted to be outside instead & we'd been doing lots of rambling.  But despite wanting to go rambling yesterday, the weather was complete rubbish so we stayed in.

I had not yet even got into Just Dance (2) at all, so we opened that up yesterday.  We can only do one at a time because we just have one remote - plus there's not that much room in the living room anyway - lol!  DH watched me do about ten or so songs, then we took turns for awhile.  Whoa - that one gets you really sweaty (good!) but I was worried if it was too high impact in some spots for me - my legs and knees were aching afterwards in the evening.  But okay today when I feared I would be more sore.  I still think I need to watch it though on the jumping around bits.

Watching DH dance was a blast though!  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

When I was getting completely knackered, I started some really active dance number & couldn't finish - so I sat on the sofa & waved the remote around instead - it still told me in parts that I was doing 'good' or 'perfect' - lol!  Not sure what to make of that.  :P

I got Zumba for my birthday so I'll probably be giving that a go soon.  I think balmerhon is doing that one too?  Anyone else?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:30:10 AM by Mrs Robinson »
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »
Mrs. R - I totally agree with watching DH do Just dance.  3 couples went away last year in Jan and we brought the wii and had 3 remotes and the girls got up and took a turn and then the guys.  I thought I was gonna lose it watching the 3 of them dance and it was the best night ever! (Maybe it helped we were drinking vodka)

I still need to try this Zumba on Wii - I have the regular DVD!

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2011, 10:33:59 AM »
Vodka makes everything better!  ;) :P
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

Sponsored Links