Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Newcastle Meet Up!  (Read 3051 times)

• Liked: 2
Newcastle Meet Up!
« on: December 30, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »
We are planning for a meet up for dinner/drinks in February

Where: Newcastle (trying to find an easy place)
When: February 4th 2010 Friday night 7:30pm

This is for anyone who wants to come!

sheateawholepie & me are in for sure!

I know there are a few of us around here and Ashley brought it up so we decided to do it!

If you are in, let me know so we can get a head count for dinner (thinking Nando's)

PM me for my mobile number if you don't have it!

• Liked: 0
Re: Newcastle Meet Up!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 01:35:17 PM »
Just sent you a pm.  :)

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
Looking forward to it!

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:30:28 AM »
Count me in!!
"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 09:33:05 PM »
Well we still dont know where to meet for food and drinks...Right now we have 5 or 6 of us in for sure ;-)

Premier Inn has rooms but only does 2 people and they are 70 a night...
I know a few of us can commute home but a few can't due to the journey or train times.

Let me see if I can't call them and maybe get a deal ;-)

**Side note..do you want to bring a friend or the hubster/boyfriends? we can do this as everyone is out if consensus says so...
what do you think

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »
Count me in too!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 06:48:06 PM »
I'm definitely in!  ;D

Nando's sounds good to me!

I'll share a room with someone...

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 08:41:38 PM »
Ok hunting down hotel rooms I found 1 that sleeps 3...
1 twin bed and 1 double bed...Jury Inn, which is a nice hotel and its 79 (laterooms.com)
Premier Inn has 1 double bed for 76 (http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/NEWPTI/newcastle-quayside)

I know a few of you already but the others I haven't met in person ;-)

If you want to share a room send me a msg or email so I can figure out who is with you so you can book a hotel if you need one or you can book your own for sure!

I have coming:
Me
Sarah
Jewlz
sheateawholepie
Ashley (adotlane)
sarahmarie
Sista Girl? Maybe

Nando's I think will be perfect in Eldon Square as we can then trek over to a few pubs  :P
NOW I am guessing it will be the females as no one has asked to bring their man ;-) I think the more the merrier but I am not bringing mine unless others do. 

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:45:11 PM »
I'm on my own, but I'm happy to share with anyone- although I feel most comfortable sharing with ChillyWilly.  Except if her man comes!  ;)
"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 11:50:40 PM »
Um, I'd quite like to come, it's a bit of a trek, but if everyone is staying Friday night then I could manage it just about (I might be shattered)...I'll have to see if work will let me leave early on the Friday (seeing as I haven't started work yet! :O ) And if I can get a train ticket which doesn't cost a zillion pounds.

So don't count me in as I wont know for at least a week, but I'd love to meet all you ladies!
:)

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 12:01:39 AM »
Cb that would be fabulous!!
Keep me posted

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 07:29:57 AM »
Um, I'd quite like to come, it's a bit of a trek, but if everyone is staying Friday night then I could manage it just about (I might be shattered)...I'll have to see if work will let me leave early on the Friday (seeing as I haven't started work yet! :O ) And if I can get a train ticket which doesn't cost a zillion pounds.

So don't count me in as I wont know for at least a week, but I'd love to meet all you ladies!
:)

I'd share a room with you! I'm definitely staying over. I'll probably be taking the train there from Alnmouth.  :) Yay! I'd love it if you came!  :-*

Chilly, I'm thinking I'd rather do two to a room, as I don't want to get stuck on some tiny couch thingy just 'cause I'm the shortest.  :P I'll pay the extra money!  ;D (Anyway, that's what I was calling you about last night. I got your message this morning, and yes, I was in bed about ten minutes after I called you!  :P Call me tonight!)

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 09:39:26 AM »
Nobody puts you on a couch! Jury Inn has 3 people sleeping - 1 twin bed and 1 double bed ;-)
I wish I could find 2 double beds per room but no and honestly I am not bothered too much.

CB - I would check a package from London to Newcastle with Jury Inn as the hotel with Thomas Cook for 1 night it might be cheaper. I found some FAB deals to come down for 1 night in March for 2 people with rail and hotel it was like 143 TOTAL for 2.

• I'm the person the Daily Mail warned you about
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 04:38:08 PM »
I failed to reply to this but I'll most likely come! Has a time/place to meet been established yet?
"I don't bother nobody, I'm a real nice guy.  Kinda laid back like a dead fly." --Rappin' Duke

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
YES!
Nando's The Gate
Newgate Street
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 5XE
01912 610 131

7:30pm

They DON'T take bookings so hopefully a few of us can get there a bit early aka sarah and I ;-)
I choose The Gate since there are a few pubs in there and it is accessible but of course we can always go wherever after some food ;-)

The Jury Inn about 1/2 mile from there so super close. Everyone is on there own for staying somewhere unless I knew about ya ;-)

http://www.jurysinns.com/I booked a room for 3 of us.  I got it for 68 ;-) approx 23 quid a piece - cheap

PM or email me for my Mobile number if you don't have it
Good Times ahead!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab