Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?  (Read 2068 times)

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?
« on: March 24, 2003, 10:03:22 PM »
Anything new and exciting for the warm season fast approaching?

Its been so quiet in here for the past month...   that must mean that everyone including myself is just way too busy getting ready for summer to post?  Right?  I thought so  8)

Just thought I would send a hello to everyone and try to get a kick start in the fitness area!!!

My sister is starting a new diet today...  I am interested in finding out how it goes...  it is a cleansing diet for the liver... but you get to eat 3 meals a day with it...  supposedly you have to drink warm lemon water in the morning... and drink organic cranberry with water through out the day???  anyone heard of it?...  she was a bit quick in telling me yesterday...  so I am going to be on the alert to see about how this works...  not even sure of the name of it.  

Ok! Ya'll have a great day!  Hope to see ya soon!!
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• A happy day is an enjoyable day
    • Denovomea - Counselling Advice
Re: HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 02:51:16 PM »
Well mfred, i'm doing ok. spring on its way and warmth in the sun.
But i think to myself, do i really NEED to be on a diet. you see, i like food. now, exercise or activities, i DO need. i'm not so stuck on doing regular fitness routines as ultimately i find them boring and i dont have the motivation. What i do enjoy is a long day in the hills, reasonably strenuous and at the end of the day, there is a masochistic feeling of having a really tired body with aching muscles (some you never knew you had) but a great feeling of achievement and well being. plus, you get the enjoyment of all the fantastic views and smells - yes smells, i enjoy the scent of pines, the smell of wet earth and bracken.
unfortunately, when i get home i feel the need to eat like ive never had a meal in my life :)
what do you suggest ?
Pheonix

• Garden Butterflies
Re: HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 09:55:32 PM »
Well aren't you just a cutie honey...LOL!   :-*...

Ok, lets see...  First thing to note Phoenix is that the fitness club is for all area's of physical fitness...  not just dieting...  Although I do sense that a small scaled diet like; Proper and Healthy meals is called for with you. ;D  My intuition tells me that you have been eating a lot of sandwiches and not adding enough vegetables to your diet...  am I correct?  

Even if you are a thin person that does not worry so much on food intake...  after a while gravity will catch up with you and exercise would become very beneficial...  there are always ways to make exercising routines fun...  Ask your future wife to hold your ankles as you do situps...  take walks down the lane together as an after dinner treat...  or get on your cycles to start your mornings when possible...  not only are they good exercises... but it is also excellent quality time with your loved one.

Since you have managed to let the cat out of the bag (so to say) that you enjoy a good walk in the hills...  maybe you would be so kind to give us some pointers.  Or possibly think of setting up an outting or two up north for anyone interested in a good walk???   I know I would be interested once I am in England... and I will be living way up north right next to you  ;)

As far as other suggestions for your over indulgence of food after a good strenuous walk...  my thoughts would be to have available the grab foods that will not discount all that hard healthy walking you did...  maybe you could even encourage your future wife to take charge of the kitchen detail...  asking nicely of course...  That way when you over indulge, she can keep an eye on the product intake...LOL!  Or even better...  buy your future wife and yourself a hot tub...  that way after you walk, you will be too relaxed after being in the tub to eat too much???  what do you think of that?  actually that sounds like a great idea to me  [smiley=devilish.gif]

Does any of this help you Phoenix?  I wish you my very best which ever you decide to do.

shel  [smiley=sunny.gif]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 10:02:13 PM by mfredericka »
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links