Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone in Leicester/East Mids?  (Read 1172 times)

• Liked: 0
Anyone in Leicester/East Mids?
« on: February 28, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »
I've recently moved to the UK from California and I would love to meet some friends in the East Mids for girls night out, movies, possible book club, etc. Anyone?

Re: Anyone in Leicester/East Mids?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »
I just moved from there...  But if you need any help with resources etc.. just holler! 
Riding the rollercoaster of life without a seat belt!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:58:11 AM »
Nottingham is a quick train ride for me :) I go often.  And yay for you! Leicester. I love those sheep. :)

I'm up for meeting people! No car, so mass transit is my way around.  Anyone else care to join?

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:49:08 AM »
Ok, I know these posts were from ages ago... but worth a shot!

I'm moving to Peterborough in July, which I don't think is very far from Leicester.

I also won't have a car so will need to rely on mass transport, at least in the beginning.

Count me in, well once I get there. :)

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 09:24:07 PM »
Only a short... 3 hour bus ride away! Ugh.

Haha I'm afraid I'm stranded here in Horncastle. If you ladies find yourselves in Lincoln any time soon, please let me know! I'd love to meet up with you all :) \

-Mary Grace

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »
I have family that spends lots of time in the summer in Skegness, which from google maps looks like its closER to Hornscatle than Pboro is. :)

I saw from your intro post you are 20, what brings you to the UK? I'm 26 and would love to meet some Americans my age.

Also, where in Florida are you from? I'm going to spend a few weeks in Pensacola/Panama City starting Sunday! Then I'll fly over to Pboro. :)

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 11:54:04 AM »
Whaaaaat? That's insane, I'm from Pensacola! What are you going to do there? If you don't see Pensacola Beach you're doing yourself a disservice :)
I am in the UK because I was offered a job as an au pair with a lovely family here. What about you? What brings you overseas?
Yeah, Skegness is only a short bus ride away from Horncastle. We should definitely meet up when you get back!

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 02:46:49 AM »
After 26 hours in the car with 3 cats, I made it to Florida!! And I'm exhausted!

My family used to come to Pensacola for vacation a lot because my Aunt (who's British!) used to live on Fort Pickens road. So I've spent plenty of summer days on Pensacola Beach and on the fishing pier. :) My parents loved it so much they decided to move down here. They currently live in Destin, so I'm staying with them for a few weeks before the big move. I'm planning to spend a week or so in Pensacola with my cousins. Gotta get to Peg Leg Pete's!

I'm originally from England (a UK citizen, but naturalized US citizen). My step dad was in the military and met my mom in England and they got married and he brought us over here. Now I'm going to go back to see if I like living in England, since that is where all my family lives. I'm still looking for a job and a flat, but going to live with my Nan for a bit until I get it all sorted out.

Let's definitely keep in touch!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab