Author Topic: Registering with a GP  (Read 12014 times)

Offline Sirius

• Liked: 231
Re: Registering with a GP
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 03:45:06 PM »
The GP practice I got assigned to just told me over the phone that even though I have a BRP, they'll only let me register if I can prove I'll be in the country for the next year, with a lease or a letter from council tax. My lease is only 6 months long, and I haven't heard anything from the council since I registered.

I'm concerned I'm going to have difficulty getting registered at my appointment next week. From what I've seen online, I shouldn't have to show proof of residence for a year- only that I have a BRP, proof of address, and will be here on a permanent basis (over 3 months). Is that correct? I've been trying to call PALS but haven't had any luck getting through.

We have gone from the NHS staff giving healthcare away when they should have billed, to the other way.

A GP does not have to put you on their books/keep you on their books. It might be easier to find another surgery who will accept you.

Offline AncestrySpouse

• Liked: 17
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 11:35:13 AM »
We have gone from the NHS staff giving healthcare away when they should have billed, to the other way.

A GP does not have to put you on their books/keep you on their books. It might be easier to find another surgery who will accept you.

Every GP in a reasonable radius to me is closed to new patients, so I had to go through a special process to get assigned to this one (and my understanding is that they're mandated to take me). Last night my partner found documents the council tax emailed us that say we're paying the tax by direct debit over the next 12 months using a British bank account, which hopefully will be sufficient proof for what they want.

Offline capecod

• Liked: 16
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
Hi all,

I clicked on the links provided but they're no longer working.

I have an NHS "Family doctor registration form" (GMS1.pdf) and hear NHS numbers are issued once you register with a GP.

Here's a question: I had an NHS number when I was a student in Northern Ireland. Does it stay with you or should I presume that there will be a new number issued?
Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Met Spouse: May 2012 in London
Married: Jan 2013 in Massachusetts, USA
Online Application: 24 Feb 2018 from Colorado, US
Biometrics: 27 Feb 2018 in Colorado
Application sent: 28 Feb 2018
Application received in Sheffield: 02 Mar 2018
Application received email: 06 Mar 2018
Decision email received: 28 March 2018 (16 BD)
Passport received:30 March 2018
Landed in UK: 4 April 2018

Offline larrabee

• Liked: 2887
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 03:20:45 PM »
Hi all,

I clicked on the links provided but they're no longer working.

I have an NHS "Family doctor registration form" (GMS1.pdf) and hear NHS numbers are issued once you register with a GP.

Here's a question: I had an NHS number when I was a student in Northern Ireland. Does it stay with you or should I presume that there will be a new number issued?

Does this help?

https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/records/nhs-number/Pages/what-is-the-nhs-number.aspx

I'd mention when you register that you already have a number, they should be able to find it for you.

March 28th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).March 7th 2018 ILR. YAY! March 21st NCS&JCAP appointment.

Offline Sirius

• Liked: 231
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 02:10:07 PM »

It's your same unique number as it is your medical records.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:11:37 PM by Sirius »