Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Registering with a GP  (Read 22295 times)

• Liked: 342
Re: Registering with a GP
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 03:45:06 PM »
The GP practice I got assigned to just told me over the phone that even though I have a BRP, they'll only let me register if I can prove I'll be in the country for the next year, with a lease or a letter from council tax. My lease is only 6 months long, and I haven't heard anything from the council since I registered.

I'm concerned I'm going to have difficulty getting registered at my appointment next week. From what I've seen online, I shouldn't have to show proof of residence for a year- only that I have a BRP, proof of address, and will be here on a permanent basis (over 3 months). Is that correct? I've been trying to call PALS but haven't had any luck getting through.

We have gone from the NHS staff giving healthcare away when they should have billed, to the other way.

A GP does not have to put you on their books/keep you on their books. It might be easier to find another surgery who will accept you.

• Liked: 20
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 11:35:13 AM »
We have gone from the NHS staff giving healthcare away when they should have billed, to the other way.

A GP does not have to put you on their books/keep you on their books. It might be easier to find another surgery who will accept you.

Every GP in a reasonable radius to me is closed to new patients, so I had to go through a special process to get assigned to this one (and my understanding is that they're mandated to take me). Last night my partner found documents the council tax emailed us that say we're paying the tax by direct debit over the next 12 months using a British bank account, which hopefully will be sufficient proof for what they want.

• Liked: 25
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
Hi all,

I clicked on the links provided but they're no longer working.

I have an NHS "Family doctor registration form" (GMS1.pdf) and hear NHS numbers are issued once you register with a GP.

Here's a question: I had an NHS number when I was a student in Northern Ireland. Does it stay with you or should I presume that there will be a new number issued?
Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Online Application: 24 Feb 18 from CO
Biometrics: 27 Feb 18 in CO
Application sent: 28 Feb 18
Decision email received: 28 Mar 18 (16 BD)
Passport received: 30 Mar 18
Landed in UK: 4 Apr 18

FLR(m) 2020
Applied: 7 Sept 20
Biometrics: 16 Oct 20
Granted: 6 Nov 20

ILR-SET(m)
Applied: 8 Mar 23
Biometrics: 27 Mar 23
Granted: 28 Mar 23

Citizenship
Applied: 17 July 23
Biometrics: 04 Aug 23
Granted: 13 Nov 2023
Ceremony booked: 16 January 2024🇬🇧

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 03:20:45 PM »
Hi all,

I clicked on the links provided but they're no longer working.

I have an NHS "Family doctor registration form" (GMS1.pdf) and hear NHS numbers are issued once you register with a GP.

Here's a question: I had an NHS number when I was a student in Northern Ireland. Does it stay with you or should I presume that there will be a new number issued?

Does this help?

https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/records/nhs-number/Pages/what-is-the-nhs-number.aspx

I'd mention when you register that you already have a number, they should be able to find it for you.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 02:10:07 PM »

It's your same unique number as it is your medical records.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:11:37 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 5
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »

You'll probably find you need to be assigned a new NHS England/Scotland/Wales number because they're on a different system from HSC in NI. You may get the same number again, you may not. Just tell the GP office the situation and they'll sort it out for you.

• Liked: 25
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »
Thanks all! I showed the office my NHS card (from 2002!) along with my ID and they said it wasn't any problem and they found me in the system. Cheers!

Still waiting for a registration letter (as I see that in supposed to retain annual letters for the process down the road). My son got one but he was also registering for a new NHS number. I phoned and the office said to give it a while. Since it is sent out centrally (not by their individual office) they can't request one, but if I needed one and the NHS hadn't sent one they would provide a letter to say I was registered. Huzzah.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Online Application: 24 Feb 18 from CO
Biometrics: 27 Feb 18 in CO
Application sent: 28 Feb 18
Decision email received: 28 Mar 18 (16 BD)
Passport received: 30 Mar 18
Landed in UK: 4 Apr 18

FLR(m) 2020
Applied: 7 Sept 20
Biometrics: 16 Oct 20
Granted: 6 Nov 20

ILR-SET(m)
Applied: 8 Mar 23
Biometrics: 27 Mar 23
Granted: 28 Mar 23

Citizenship
Applied: 17 July 23