Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Kitten Home Check Questions  (Read 2314 times)

• Liked: 0
Kitten Home Check Questions
« on: April 26, 2011, 09:42:15 PM »
My DH and I are adopting a mommy cat and her baby kitten that will be 9 weeks soon. We have to have a home check. Can you tell me what happens play by play.

Do I need to get the childproof things so the cupboards cant be open and the socket covers for unused outlets?

I am going to put up all my cleaning supplies. I have bought the stuff for both cats and with have it out. Can some one give me a play by play and what questions they ask.

My friend at work said some are really hard and other home checks aren't.
ILR: Feb 27, 2012
Mailed off citizenship application via solicitor: Feb 29, 2016
Application received by Home Office: March 1, 2016
Payment taken: March 10, 2016

Letter of acknowledgement: March 9, 2016
Letter requesting biometrics: March 9, 2016
Biometrics completed: March 15, 2016
Letter of approval: April 5, 2016
Invitation to citizenship ceremony: dated April 8, 2016 but received April 21, 2016
Ceremony booked for:

• I'm the Brit half...
  • Liked: 0
Re: Kitten Home Check Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »
Aww bless you Southernchic :)

I have 2 cats that I adopted from the rescue centre and they have been the best! I had a home check for the second cat I adopted, the first one I just went to the centre chatted with them a while and picked her up a few days later. They said they would visit the home at a later date but 3 years later I wait  ;D

As for the home checks I think they will vary from centre to centre so it would be hard to give a play by play definitive account.

The checks are really more about seeing if the cats will be fine with you and that you are a good person to look after them. I had a home check for my second cat, in fact, I had it before I was allowed to chose a cat. I was asked about work etc and how my other cat was in relation to her temperament -fortunately she was on her best behaviour but she is a placid pud anyway. We sat in the living room, had a cuppa and chatted for a bit. They certainly didn't go looking around my home or checking anything like that. But that was my experience. Personally, I think the home visit is used so that they get a general feel for you as a person and how you would look after kitty and her mum!

I am excited for you. :D I want another cat now! But 3 may be too much for my house.

The tip is to just relax, be yourself and you will be fine. At the end of the day you are offering a much needed, loving home to the puds and I am sure it will be very much appreciated, snd you will have two very happy cats!!  :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:10:27 PM by rosiebee »
2nd April 2011 - married in MN, USA
7th April 2011 - Applied online for Spouse Visa
11th April 2011 - Spouse visa issued
12th May 2011 - Hubby home :)
22nd June 2013 - ILR :) :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab