Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finally making the move!  (Read 2605 times)

• Liked: 0
Finally making the move!
« on: May 25, 2011, 03:15:14 AM »
I've finally set a moving date! I will be flying to London on August 16. For those of you who don't know my story, I'm a dual American and Italian citizen who has wanted to return to London for the past six years, when I studied and lived there under a BUNAC visa.

I've been wavering on making a commitment to moving - I have to find dog-friendly housing, also, the idea of not having a job in hand really unsettled me, and I was afraid I would have to blow my savings living in a hostel until I found something. But a few things have fallen into place that make it clear that now is the time. I've reconnected with an old friend in London from six years ago who has offered me his spare room until I find a job, and my best friend has offered to take my dog until he finishes PETS in September and when I find a dog-friendly flat. These were my two biggest concerns, and now that they have been sorted, things are coming together.

I'm sad to resign from my job here, because I really do love it, but I'm so excited and hopeful about my future!
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

"Everyone, just...pretend to be normal, okay?" - Little Miss Sunshine

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
Re: Finally making the move!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 08:28:30 AM »
Congrats! I had similar concerns, but getting over here in person made things settle into place job-wise, and it's virtually impossible to find a flat from abroad.

We should meet up for coffee or something when you get here. :)
Moved to London February 5, 2010

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »
Thanks. :) I would love to meet up when I get to London!
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »
Good to hear things are sorting themselves out for you...best of luck with the move!

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:04:32 PM »
Thanks, Weby. Hope all is well with you!

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 05:14:26 AM »
Congratulations on your move! I too hope to make the move around the end of next year

• The American Resident
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:35:53 AM »
You sound so excited--and brave! God for you and best of luck! I originally came to Britain with BUNAC and they provided a lot of support (and that was many years ago, no doubt they're even better now).

Have fun too!
newcomer link: http://www.theamericanresident.com [nonactive]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab