Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Casey Anthony Acquitted of Murder  (Read 2609 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: Casey Anthony Acquitted of Murder
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »
her eyes and mouth bound with duct tape.

Stop saying this. There is no concrete evidence of this and there was just as much evidence that this was simply trash in the woods.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »
she's found dead in a swamp a month later, her eyes and mouth bound with duct tape

Stop saying this. There is no concrete evidence of this and there was just as much evidence that this was simply trash in the woods.

Plus, it wasn't a month later, it was 6 months later... and in that time, the body had decomposed and was just bones. Any DNA evidence or anything else that could have helped determine the cause of death or who might have been responsible for it was long gone.

Perhaps if the body had been found just a month later instead of 6 months later, then there might have been more evidence to prove who did it and how.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2011, 02:49:23 PM »
People are in Gitmo or Bagram generally because they are alleged to have committed crimes against Americans, sometimes on American soil (9/11) or are planning to commit criminal acts against Americans. Drones are buzzing about the hinterlands of Pakistan executing those who are suspected of planning to commit crimes against Americans.

In addition, we have FBI agents sometimes investigating these alleged crimes and the Justice Department arguing that Gitmo and the like are legally hunky dory. To say that this alternative system of dealing with crimes has nothing to do with the "regular" pre-9/11 justice system is stretching it.

Ok, six months. And what a poor break for Casey. You dump the body of your daughter in a swamp, all nicely wrapped up in a plastic bag, and the next thing you know, some litterer comes along, dropping bits of duct tape all over the place. Then, of all things, some of it gets accidentally wrapped around the skull and you wind up looking bad.

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »
People are in Gitmo or Bagram generally because they are alleged to have committed crimes against Americans, sometimes on American soil (9/11) or are planning to commit criminal acts against Americans. Drones are buzzing about the hinterlands of Pakistan executing those who are suspected of planning to commit crimes against Americans.

In addition, we have FBI agents sometimes investigating these alleged crimes and the Justice Department arguing that Gitmo and the like are legally hunky dory. To say that this alternative system of dealing with crimes has nothing to do with the "regular" pre-9/11 justice system is stretching it.

First of all, I didn't say Gitmo had nothing to do with "'regular' pre-9/11 justice" system.  I didn't even use those words.  You're confusing two separate things I said and patching them together.  I am saying that Gitmo operated outside the criminal justice system, whether that was right or wrong has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether a jury should have returned a guilty verdict in this case or not.  It beggers belief that you're trying to justify a lowered standard of justice by pointing to a possible miscarriage of justice.  Oh, I am meant to feel guilty because I am saying that the justice system worked in this case when there have been examples of when it didn't work, was perverted, or was circumvented?  I've said from the first post I made in this thread that the American justice system isn't perfect, but this isn't an example of where a jury didn't do its duty.

Ok, six months. And what a poor break for Casey. You dump the body of your daughter in a swamp, all nicely wrapped up in a plastic bag, and the next thing you know, some litterer comes along, dropping bits of duct tape all over the place. Then, of all things, some of it gets accidentally wrapped around the skull and you wind up looking bad.

Or the duct tape got with/on the body without it being used to suffocate Caylee.  Or specifically used by Casey to suffocate Caylee.

The defence doesn't have to prove that it was used by someone else or got there by other means.  I just has to create enough doubt about the prosecution's narrative based on the evidence it supplies.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:29:07 PM by Legs Akimbo »

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »
She will be released on next Wednesday, July 13th, 2011. I just found this out.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:48:40 PM by Cheers »

• Sonnet for Profit
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »
It's too bad you can't send someone to jail for being a horrible person....

Though I suspect that in that case, our prisons would be overflowing even more.

Give Casey Anthony to me. I'll lock her up for 31 days and go partying. Maybe I'll remember to come back and feed her.
In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important.

• Heart...Captured
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 06:40:55 PM »
She will be released on next Wednesday, July 13th, 2011. I just found this out.

Awesome...ain't it?

I wrote this on facebook the other day, and I still stand by it...just because the legal process was upheld does not mean I have to like or be supportive of the decision.  Whether the prosecution dropped the ball, the defense was just so awesome or whatever...I feel that things were handled correctly according to the law...but everyone knows for a fact that she is not completely innocent and that is sickening.

Also, they are trying to enact a law now that will make it a federal offense not to report your child missing.  Google "Caylee's law" for info.

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »
I could get behind that, as long as it isn't used against non-custodial parents.   

• Liked: 2
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 07:39:54 PM »
I agree bookgrl!

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »
Jeff Ashton the Florida prosecutor is going on all the talk shows saying he has retired? I suspect the Florida Prosecutors Office may have canned him. Who's laughing now?

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »
I'm sure there are other pitfalls that I can't think of right now. 

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2011, 11:24:47 PM »
Jeff Ashton the Florida prosecutor is going on all the talk shows saying he has retired? I suspect the Florida Prosecutors Office may have canned him. Who's laughing now?

Maybe I'm just being ultra sensitive, but you seem remarkably smarmy about this whole thing.  A tiny little girl has died, and you seem more concerned with the media and a laughing attorney.  The lawyer was laughing because he felt the defense attorney's closing argument was ridiculous. It could have been, I didn't hear it.  The reason I'm angry is because this 22 year old girl gets to walk after making some MAJORLY neglectful decisions.  In the end, she's only charged with lying- when in reality she is guilty of sooo much more.  Anyone who's raised a child knows that the things she's admitted to - constitute neglect or abuse.  Yet she's not charged with it????  I do get the feeling the prosecution thought this might have been an open and shut case, and therefore didn't do their job to get a better conviction.

I'm not trying to lose sight of the fact that an innocent child is dead because a mother didn't do the right thing. My understanding of the case isn't complete- however it is my opinion that justice wasn't served. Perhaps in the future we will really learn what happened to that poor little girl, until then it's all just speculation on wether she actually played a bigger part in her death than she says she did.
We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "What? We don't need a flag, this is our home, you bastards" "No flag, No Country, You can't have one! Those are the rules... that I just made up!...and I'm backing it up with this gun, that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association."

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2011, 12:34:10 AM »
Maybe I'm just being ultra sensitive, but you seem remarkably smarmy about this whole thing.  A tiny little girl has died, and you seem more concerned with the media and a laughing attorney.  The lawyer was laughing because he felt the defense attorney's closing argument was ridiculous. It could have been, I didn't hear it.  The reason I'm angry is because this 22 year old girl gets to walk after making some MAJORLY neglectful decisions.  In the end, she's only charged with lying- when in reality she is guilty of sooo much more.  Anyone who's raised a child knows that the things she's admitted to - constitute neglect or abuse.  Yet she's not charged with it????  I do get the feeling the prosecution thought this might have been an open and shut case, and therefore didn't do their job to get a better conviction.

I'm not trying to lose sight of the fact that an innocent child is dead because a mother didn't do the right thing. My understanding of the case isn't complete- however it is my opinion that justice wasn't served. Perhaps in the future we will really learn what happened to that poor little girl, until then it's all just speculation on wether she actually played a bigger part in her death than she says she did.
If you were charged, perish the thought, I would like you to have the same protection legally.
If I think about it I can get very upset that such a sweet little girl died.
There is something very wrong but the justice system is not set up to go after the most likely culprit.
Did the mother do it or another member of the family?
Whoever did it, did they deliberately murder the little girl?
How about if there was an accident?
I share your same concerns but at this point I don't think someone should get executed until we find who did it.
As for the media, they seem to want to lead a lynch mob and I don't agree with that nor do the many responsible attorneys who have given their opinion on TV.
Yes a nice little girl is dead and if she was murdered I want that person to pay for it big time.
Why did the mother not report it immediately I don't know. Very, very strange.

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2011, 01:42:32 AM »
I feel like your missing my point. The fact that she wasn't sentenced to death is not why I think they messed up here- Of course she should have a fair trial, nobody is saying she shouldn't be allowed one.  However you seem to be focusing on these "Nancy Grace" type characters who have very extreme views and mobs of media camped outside the house... Well, they are the media!! Of course they are going to try and get a story that is selling. There is no mystery that the media can go nuts and go to extremes to get a story- look at what is happening with that British newspaper.

My point is that she's not even being held accountable for the things she has admitted to doing!!  That seems crazy to me.  Lets say for arguments sake the death was absolutely an accident and she had nothing to do with it- She still lied to her parents and police about where the little girl was, didn't even place her as missing for a month, and continued to party and act like a teenager all the while her daughter is supposedly "Missing"   That is wrong, no gray area at all, wrong. 

I think the "lynch mob" comes from mass feelings that the truth has not been told, and that bothers people especially when it comes to the disappearance or death of a child. I hope that law passes, but frankly it seems like a no brainer.

We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "What? We don't need a flag, this is our home, you bastards" "No flag, No Country, You can't have one! Those are the rules... that I just made up!...and I'm backing it up with this gun, that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association."

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2011, 03:36:46 AM »
Release date changed.
They miscalculated.
New date for now

Sunday July 17th.

Make sure your children don't go to Florida for an education. ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab