Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My "Official" Engagement Post!  (Read 1602 times)

• Liked: 1
My "Official" Engagement Post!
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:05:17 AM »
I posted that my boyfriend proposed in the Unexpected Pleasures thread, but I have been meaning to make an official announcement complete with pictures once the Thanksgiving festivities were over and DF was back in England ( :\\\'(). So, here it is.

DF arrived in Boston on November 16th. I knew that he needed to propose during this visit for our plans to go along with our immigration timeline, but just because I knew it needed to happen, didn't necessarily mean it would. Deciding to get married is a huge step and while I'm ready, I wasn't sure that DF was, so I was very nervous about it not happening. My friend Lauren had been asking me about it for weeks which only made me more anxious about it.

November 22 rolled around and DF was leaving in less than a week and I was really, really worried that it wasn't going to happen and my friend Lauren said, "yeah, I don't think he's proposing. I don't think he could hold onto the ring that long." So, the next day I went to work a bit sad.

Before I went, DF and Lauren had made plans to meet up in Cambridge for lunch, so DF wouldn't be bored. It was a total lie. Weeks before DF arrived in Boston, he had contacted Lauren about my ring size and she swore to keep it a secret. So, she was planting the doubts in my mind to throw me off. The reason he waited so long to do it was because the ring wasn't going to be ready until the day after he left for Boston. So, he had to have it Fed Exed to Lauren's house.

So, while I was at work thinking DF was at lunch, he was actually wandering around Quincy trying to find my friend's mother who was delivering the ring to him at one of the many Dunkin Donuts in the Boston area. Then he was going back to the apartment we had rented out for his trip to set up. I almost spoiled the plan because I was unexpectedly let out of work early because of Thanksgiving. So, I planned to go back to the flat, but then decided at the last minute to get some stuff for supper and some wine because DF was still in town.

Ultimately, I got back to the flat when I was originally supposed to and DF greeted me outside to help me carry in the bags. He then walked briskly and quietly back to the flat which, at the time, I thought was odd because he had quizzed me about my day the other times I had to work. So, he opened the door to our flat which was dark except for the 30 little candles he had set up on the two tables. He had music playing and my ring was in a box on one of the tables surrounded by some flowers and he had champagne at the ready. You can guess what happened after that I think... :)

Anyway, here are some pictures...

DF's unflattering picture of my hand. Apparently, I need to start shaving my knuckles and seriously moisturizing.  :P

And the song that was playing when he asked me:

Jeff Buckley If You Knew Live At Sin é

Well, the gushy girly story has ended and I hope everyone enjoyed listening to me babble.  ;D

Re: My "Official" Engagement Post!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:59:21 PM »
Well.........CONGRATS!!!!!!!  I love the ring, so very pretty.....good luck on the rest of your journey!!!!!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »
Congratulations :)

What a beautifully, well thought out and engineered plan, DF get's props. And that ring is absolutely gorgeous :)
Oct 10th - Applied Online
Oct 14th - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 24th - Application fed-ex'd Overnight w/ Worldbridge Priority Service
Oct 25th - Email saying it had been received
Oct 27th - Email saying Visa Approved!

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 02:28:46 PM »
That's so sweet.  So happy for you.  Congrats!  Love the ring, too.

• Liked: 31
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »
Lovely ring; mine is also an offset stone, so I do have a soft spot for that style! Congratulations on a great proposal!
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

• Liked: 387
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 10:26:30 PM »
I noticed your new signature and had to investigate the Hitching Post section!  ;)

Congrats!!!!

How romantic.  :D

PS - my knuckles were worse, trust me!!  ;)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 11:43:20 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Sponsored Links