Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: TV + internet w/o phone  (Read 1409 times)

• Liked: 0
TV + internet w/o phone
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.  Our landlord set us up a BT account with phone and internet but I've just ordered Vonage UK.  I called to cancel the BT phone line and they told me I can't have internet from them without the phone line (about £15/mo line rental).  Also, the landlord had someone come to install our satellite the other day and he can't get a signal because apparently a couple of trees are in the way. 

I checked online and Virgin doesn't have cable available in our neighborhood. So I guess my question is how do I get TV and internet without having to pay for a landline?  Besides Sky and Virgin I'm not sure what else is out there.  Thanks...

• Utter Nonsense
  • Liked: 2
Re: TV + internet w/o phone
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.  Our landlord set us up a BT account with phone and internet but I've just ordered Vonage UK.  I called to cancel the BT phone line and they told me I can't have internet from them without the phone line (about £15/mo line rental).  Also, the landlord had someone come to install our satellite the other day and he can't get a signal because apparently a couple of trees are in the way. 

I checked online and Virgin doesn't have cable available in our neighborhood. So I guess my question is how do I get TV and internet without having to pay for a landline?  Besides Sky and Virgin I'm not sure what else is out there.  Thanks...

If youre using DSL, youll need a landline.. Unless you find an ISP that works out of someones home (these do exist, still) who can fill youre niche, you will need to have a line rental. You dont have to have your broadband and phone line together though. Until about 6 months ago we had our broadband with one provider (partners employer) and line rental with another. Our friend Josh found the cheapest line rental out there (£5?) and never plugged a phone in.

Maybe checking around on http://www.ispreview.co.uk/ might help you out a bit more

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab