Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taking the plunge (again!)  (Read 2822 times)

• British and Texan (and ape)
  • Liked: 0
Taking the plunge (again!)
« on: December 23, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »
My partner of nearly two years and I are getting married next year.  We're both in our 40s and this will be the 2nd marriage for each of us.

It's a bit bittersweet, as he was recently diagnosed with a brain tumour, after suffering two seizures within a month.  Prior to that, he had an abscessed appendix, so it's been a very scary time for us and the rest of his family and friends.

But it has made us realise we wanted to take the next step in our relationship and commit to each other completely, to ourselves and to the outside world.

I'm not getting worked up about silly things, such as all the people from the USA who would like to attend the wedding over here, but who can't, etc.  My fiance's illness has put a lot of things in perspective, and we're just focussed on planning a simple affair that is special to us and to the people who will be able to attend, and making the most of the rest of our lives together.

Re: Taking the plunge (again!)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:17:28 PM »
Aw, congrats.  Best wishes to both of you.  You deserve happiness. :D

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 01:48:03 PM »
You deserve happiness. :D

Agreed!  Congratulations, and good health to your DF!
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 9
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 12:42:07 PM »
Congratulations to you both! Sometimes it takes the big things to put the little things in perspective and help you see what truly means most. I wish you both true happiness. :) I'm also sending healing thoughts to your DF. :)
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 03:01:10 PM »
Congrats and Best Wishes to you both!

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »
Congratulations Jana. I'm sorry to hear that J is unwell and I hope the new year brings you both peace and happiness.

The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

• British and Texan (and ape)
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 10:29:37 AM »
Thanks, everyone.  Hope everyone has a Happy Christmas and may 2012 be the best year ever (so far!) for everyone xoxo

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »
Congratulations on your engagement. I know I am a little late! Bless you both. my sister has cancer and suffered a brain tumor so I understand it can be a trying time.  You are right that this makes you realize what is important and what can be sidelined. Also I know this may seem too techy; however if having some folks from the States was important but not do-able... people could log on to Skype and view your ceremony. It's truly next best thing. Just a thought anyhow. Wishing you both eons of happiness!
We are all each a little bit crazy, a little bit different and a little bit the same.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab