Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advisory: Settlement Checking Service  (Read 2507 times)

Advisory: Settlement Checking Service
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »
UKBA's (published in the name of Rob Whiteman) newest monthly newsletter for stakeholders discussed the Settlement Checking Service.  This was a rough analogy to the already established Nationality Checking Service where they look at all your stuff and see if you qualify and then return your critical documents.

The SCS ran in a pilot project up to November last year, and now they want to go live with it.  The roll-out will take place over 2012, and there's several local authorities ready to go live right now.

The 'big picture' plan is to merge the NCS and SCS into a single body called the Immigration Checking Service.

Whiteman goes on to say that the list of local authorities authorized to provide this service are now listed on the UKBA site, but I can't find it. 

I think using the SCS is a good idea because ILR applications can sometimes take a long time and you might need your critical docs while the application is being processed.  It also helps to remove ambiguity on the suitability of your evidence because somebody is giving it a cursory once over.  It's good value for money.

• Liked: 163
Re: Advisory: Settlement Checking Service
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »
Whiteman goes on to say that the list of local authorities authorized to provide this service are now listed on the UKBA site, but I can't find it. 

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(m)/scs/

• Liked: 163
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
I think using the SCS is a good idea because ILR applications can sometimes take a long time and you might need your critical docs while the application is being processed.  It also helps to remove ambiguity on the suitability of your evidence because somebody is giving it a cursory once over.  It's good value for money.

Having used the SCS recently, I fully agree. 

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:20:06 PM »
Having used the SCS recently, I fully agree. 

Me too.  I was the very first SCS appointment in Cardiff, over a year ago, and even though they didn't have any experience (and the person who was supposed to come down from Liverpool to help them couldn't make it because of the snow) they were professional and efficient.  I was very pleased with the service and really glad not to have to mail all my original documents to the HO.  Plus, they are able to call the HO directly to clear up any unusual issues (for me it was entry through Dublin), which is great for the ol' peace of mind.  I've also used the Nationality Checking Service with similar good results.  For all the bad stuff that UKBA dumps on immigrants it is nice that some things are useful and well run. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

Sponsored Links