Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taking a dog back and forth between the UK and US...  (Read 1037 times)

• Liked: 8
Taking a dog back and forth between the UK and US...
« on: September 21, 2004, 04:27:01 PM »
I'm sure this is a common sense question, but I'm asking anyway. ;)  DH and I are adopting a dog and I'm wondering about the situation re: visiting the US.  Ideally, we'll send him to friends' houses or kennel him when we go back to the US, but I was wondering if taking him to the US is even an option?  I mean, I know he can go to the US, but can he come back since he's originally from the UK?  Does he have to go through the PETS process? 

In short, what documentation is required to take a dog to the US for a couple of weeks and return to the UK? Is it even possible to do this without a pile of paperwork?

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Taking a dog back and forth between the UK and US...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 05:36:37 PM »
I'm not sure if your dog will have to go through PETS again or not but unless you're going back to the US for more than a few weeks, I think taking a dog back to the US is a bit impractical.  I suppose it depends on which coast you're going to but I know flying my dog from SF to London is not going to be cheap.  Never mind that for some animals, being contained that long can be traumatic. 

Sorry, not very helpful with the paperwork and logistics...  :-\\\\
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 06:51:29 PM »
I do have a website bookmarked www.dogsaway.co.uk that may have some information you could use. I haven't had time to fully explore it yet but it may be helpful.
Bethany
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

• Why a duck?
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 04:12:34 PM »
I'll doggie-sit for you, and I won't charge $750 like British Airways does to fly a 10 pound cat to the UK.  Imagine round trip!!! :o
When I find a funnier sig than twistedncynical's, it will be here.

Sponsored Links