Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: He got the job :)  (Read 1639 times)

• Liked: 2
He got the job :)
« on: July 08, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »
Well, I just found out my boyfriend got the hospital job that he interviewed for and I am so, so, sooo happy for him. Now he can finally have a more steady job than that of his kitchen job--finally. This is really new for him since he has been at that kind of job since he was 16, and he's now 26, so a long time.

I am very happy that he got it but now I'm thinking (it's a curse), we were supposed to see eachother in October and then again next year after our first year anniversary in January, but with this new job I'm not sure that's going to happen. So I'm kinda torn right now, I'm so happy he finally got a new job that pays better but I really miss him. BAH, selfish.  :-\\\\ LDR you are a huge pain in my backside. >:(

• Liked: 4
Re: He got the job :)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:52:14 PM »
Thats excellent news - my husband has been through a similar scenario, waiting so long for THE job to finally come along.  I know your worried about it being more difficult to find time together but Ive found that it was actully great for us beacuse his whole out look seemed to change and I noticed a definate upturn in his mood.  :D

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 08:23:04 PM »
Oh really? That's good to know someone else has gone through the same thing. :) He says he'll still pay for my plane ticket for me to come there again, but that he won't be able to take any time off. (Plus we usually go back and forth, it was supposed to be his turn to come to the US) But no time off does blow. We've gotten really lucky because his boss/his job has been awesome with letting him take a full month off in Nov 2010 for my first visit, and then another month this year for when I came to visit. Obviously that won't be happening this time. It's only been about a month and a few weeks since I've seen him and I am astoundingly lonely without him. I just hope things get great for us too, reeeeal soon! Because god knows I cannot do seeing him only once or twice a year thing. It sucks big time!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 10:13:51 PM »
Great news, MandyBoo! I know how you feel though, last year I took on full-time hours at work to be able to afford my trip to see DH last summer, my visa and my plane ticket when I moved. It meant less time being able to talk to DH (not the same as the visit issue I know) and I absolutely loathed it, but it was better for us in the long run. Sometimes we have to make short-term sacrifices to be better off in the long-term.

• just a little whiterabbit
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 01:07:31 AM »
Awww Mandy, that's great news!  I'm well pleased for you both.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 01:46:03 AM »
Great news, MandyBoo! I know how you feel though, last year I took on full-time hours at work to be able to afford my trip to see DH last summer, my visa and my plane ticket when I moved. It meant less time being able to talk to DH (not the same as the visit issue I know) and I absolutely loathed it, but it was better for us in the long run. Sometimes we have to make short-term sacrifices to be better off in the long-term.
I agree! Thanks very much! I will try to look at it like that :)

Awww Mandy, that's great news!  I'm well pleased for you both.
Thanks so much my dear! Much appreciated! :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab