Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cheapest ink printer?  (Read 2465 times)

• Tomorrow is a new day....
  • Liked: 0
Cheapest ink printer?
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:39:23 PM »
Hi,

My printer broke and it's so inconvenient not having one I can use.
My husband do have another printer but later learn that it requires 4 ink cartridge to run it and so it was a mistake to buy that one.  I ask why not go to the retail shops and ask about their printers. He thinks they might not really know their stuff and suggest a printer that ends up being the same thing.

So right now my husband is holding back from buying another one until he find out what printer he can get with the cheapest ink or possibly refillable ink.  A printer that only need 2 ink cartridge - black and color or possibly run well with just one ink cartridge if the other one runs out.

Anyone got a printer brand in mind??
I desperately need a printer to get some forms print out.
Help pls!
=)

• Liked: 3
Re: Cheapest ink printer?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:33:07 PM »
For ink I use inkraider.co.uk and buy the generic cartridge.

Kodak have cheap refills.

We are looking at getting a new printer as we want a scanner so will get an "all in one" device as short of space and seen Epson (I think) ones for £40-£50. Was just waiting til our ink ran out....which it just has!
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 01:57:56 PM »
We have a Samsung SXC-3200 and we buy cheap refill toner/chip kits from eBay for about £11 a go. I don't know what the latest model is or how much it costs, but I think we paid about £50 for the 3200.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 36
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »
Hi

A couple weeks ago, I had to buy a printer and also wished for it to be as cheap as possible and have low refill pricing costs.

So I bought this for £30. It's PC Worlds own brand 'Advent' and seems to be a re-badged Kodak unit with a scanner as well. Wireless is a good bonus too. Black cartridges are £13 and colour ones £20 when it comes time to get new ink.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-awp10-wireless-multifunction-inkjet-printer-06693692-pdt.html

I only wanted it for very basic printing jobs as I'm trying to stay as close to paperless office as I can, so quality isn't fantastic but more than adequate.

Cheers, Dennis!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »
Hi

A couple weeks ago, I had to buy a printer and also wished for it to be as cheap as possible and have low refill pricing costs.

So I bought this for £30. It's PC Worlds own brand 'Advent' and seems to be a re-badged Kodak unit with a scanner as well. Wireless is a good bonus too. Black cartridges are £13 and colour ones £20 when it comes time to get new ink.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-awp10-wireless-multifunction-inkjet-printer-06693692-pdt.html

I only wanted it for very basic printing jobs as I'm trying to stay as close to paperless office as I can, so quality isn't fantastic but more than adequate.

Cheers, Dennis!

Have seen any ink printer bargains in the US?

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 03:44:40 AM »
Hey Greeneapple, I just wanted to point out that 4 ink cartridges likely are better than two. If I understand you correctly you have a printer that has a black + one for each color. In which case the  benefit of having each color separated is that if you use all the blue/cyan you can just replace that rather than the whole "color" cartridge, which may still be completely full of the yellow & magenta.

I am sure there are plenty of inexpensive refill ink cartridges out there, eBay or in stores :)

• Liked: 6
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »
I've got a kodak all in one and the ink costs about £5 delivered for a colour and black pack,.

• Liked: 36
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »
Have seen any ink printer bargains in the US?

Look at ecost.com

A quick filter for multi-function printer, lowest price first sees a refurbished HP Officejet 710 unit for $8.99.

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
Hey Greeneapple, I just wanted to point out that 4 ink cartridges likely are better than two. If I understand you correctly you have a printer that has a black + one for each color. In which case the  benefit of having each color separated is that if you use all the blue/cyan you can just replace that rather than the whole "color" cartridge, which may still be completely full of the yellow & magenta.

I am sure there are plenty of inexpensive refill ink cartridges out there, eBay or in stores :)

Whilst that is the theory, what I found in practice with my Epson is that it insisted they were all replaced at the same time!

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 04:20:20 PM »
Hmmm, We have a canon and I just pop in whichever color has run out. We are still stateside, not sure if that would make any difference...

• Smiley Gifts World
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
Hmmm, We have a canon and I just pop in whichever color has run out. We are still stateside, not sure if that would make any difference...
We have also find separate colours much cheaper and just change the colour that runs out. My husband does a lot of printing for his business...we found kodak printers claim to be cheapest in ink but they only print well on kodak paper or you have to use another setting which uses a lot of ink so they are no longer cheap.

If you print a lot the bulk ink systems are by far the cheapest-- but really only worth the hassle if you print a lot.

• Liked: 4
Re: Re: Re: Cheapest ink printer?
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »
Whilst that is the theory, what I found in practice with my Epson is that it insisted they were all replaced at the same time!
Epson doesn't make you replace them at the same time, but it does stop you from printing more until you replace the missing cartridge-one reason I don't recommend Epson. We haven't been happy with ours. I could be out of red and not be able to print a black only document-drives me crazy! I also have to clean the print heads all the time or lines print across my documents. We've had ours for a few years, and they don't make it any more. Hopefully new models are better.

I agree with the other comment. I would never but a printer with only one or two cartridges-what a waste of ink!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 10:48:38 PM »
The local COSTCO has a 1 hour service were they will recharge your cartridge. I recharged my colour ink cartridge about 3  weeks ago and I've not used it yet. Refilling down this route costs about $10.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 09:19:04 AM »
I don't think they do that at the UK Costco--although that would be nice.

Re: Re: Re: Cheapest ink printer?
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »
Epson doesn't make you replace them at the same time, but it does stop you from printing more until you replace the missing cartridge-one reason I don't recommend Epson. We haven't been happy with ours. I could be out of red and not be able to print a black only document-drives me crazy! I also have to clean the print heads all the time or lines print across my documents. We've had ours for a few years, and they don't make it any more. Hopefully new models are better.

Maybe that's it then, I've just swapped them all over because I found after resetting it thought they were all new, full, cartridges. Doesn't really bother me as it lasts a while and the ink price is reasonable on the generic cartridges I buy.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab