Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US Xbox working in the UK  (Read 1610 times)

• Liked: 0
US Xbox working in the UK
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:16:35 AM »
HI all,

Hoping someone could help!

My wife and I recently moved to the UK and brought our US Xbox with us. When we used a basic power converter, the power in the whole house went out!

I did some research to find we either need a step-down converter, or a UK power supply- both of which cana be easily purchased online.

HOWEVER- since we are in London tomorrow, I was wondering if there is a store, or smaller shop that would sell these UK power adaptors? And also, what specifically would I be asking for? (Ideally we want the thing running for Christmas!)

Many thanks in advance :-)

• Liked: 1
Re: US Xbox working in the UK
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »
Sorry! Did not see this until now!

I have several US gaming consoles here in the UK with me! You have 2 options: 1. you get a step down converter plug-in that changes the voltage of the gaming gear. 2. You can buy the UK power cords for your Xbox and plug it in. I fried out my American lead for my Wii, then bought the UK plug-in and have had no problems since. The trouble is going to be buying your games (if your console isn't universal). Most consols can only play games from their origon country...Unless you get it hacked/chipped.

Hope that helps!
~Amberelle

Sponsored Links