Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hair in the UK  (Read 5776 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Hair in the UK
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2004, 07:22:41 PM »
Oh! The hair straighteners!

I work with girls in their 20's and straight hair seems all the rage. I think straight hair looks really gorgeous when it's thick, full hair and CLEAN (don't get me started on the people who don't wash the dandruff out of their hair)! One girl I work with has really thin hair, and the style does her no justice at all. Another girl I work with has this style -- I'm not even sure what to call it -- with a think fringe and it just looks like she's wearig a big black mop on her head. But all the other girls say, "I love your hair!" So of course I do too. Oh well, it's just a different culture!

As for me, I have short, thick curly hair which I wear with a light fringe. Might not be stylish, but it looks good to me and it only takes 5 minutes for me to do my hair in the morning!

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2004, 09:14:06 PM »
I just wish I could find a hairstylist I like over here. I've tried a few places, but nothing really that I liked all that much. Both times I have been home as soon as I knew when one of the first calls was to my old hairdresser to book an appointment for while I was over. Sad, I know. I am planning on getting my hair trimmed tomorrow, if I see a place that looks inviting I will give them a shot but it will probably end up being Supercuts just to get my hair out of my face. God, and I used to be such a hottie.

When I first moved here, corn-rows were really popular on the girls. Not as much anymore. Now it's all razored ends and that tiger-colored dye job, and of course the straightened hair. I would be thrilled if someone gave me a crimping iron for Xmas - always wanted one of those, thought crimped hair looked great when I was a teenager! Never had my own iron though.

Straighteners and fake tan, and faux cowboy boots with ponchos. That's all the rage with the younger set over here.

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2004, 10:01:36 PM »
Straighteners and fake tan, and faux cowboy boots with ponchos. That's all the rage with the younger set over here.

Stylin!  ;)
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2004, 02:32:46 PM »
Just bought the Remington today at Boots...I'll let you know how it works!  Woohoo...crazy curly girls goes straight!

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »
Just bought the Remington today at Boots...I'll let you know how it works!  Woohoo...crazy curly girls goes straight!

I'll trade my stick straight, baby fine hair that does not do anything for your gorgeous curls!  :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

• Liked: 12
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2004, 03:07:06 PM »

I just bought one too! I'm still getting used to using it, but it seems to work really well. :)
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

Sponsored Links