Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 153657 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #1185 on: January 07, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »
My tier 2 visa was approved today! They sent a letter in the post saying that my visa was approved and my residence permit would arrive by post in a week.

Thank you to all those who answered my questions through this process!

Re:
« Reply #1186 on: January 08, 2015, 10:25:27 PM »
Just sent our fiancé visa application off to Sheffield today. Please keep everything crossed for us!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 56
« Reply #1187 on: January 10, 2015, 05:13:56 PM »
Update on my EEA2 application:

Mailed:  31 December
Rcv'd Letter of Acknowledgement: 10 January (dated 6 January)

Hoping COA comes this week, or maybe the job offer will take the Home Office reg # and a copy of my latest lease :/  I just want to start working again!

• Liked: 57
« Reply #1188 on: January 12, 2015, 02:53:24 PM »
OMG OMG OMG. "A decision has been made..."

They only received my packet last Tuesday, and I got the processing email on Wednesday. Trying not to second guess that if they had issues with the bank statements they would have asked for more/clarification...

UGH. How am I going to make it through the next couple of days?!  :P
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

Re:
« Reply #1189 on: January 12, 2015, 03:46:45 PM »
Wow! That's amazingly quick!
Did you happen to notice if UPS has tried a test withdrawal of funds from your account? They've done that to my fiancé's account. Our package was delivered on Friday and a confirmation email received today. I'm very hopeful! Let us know what the decision is!

Re:
« Reply #1190 on: January 12, 2015, 04:37:09 PM »
Wow! That's amazingly quick!
Did you happen to notice if UPS has tried a test withdrawal of funds from your account? They've done that to my fiancé's account. Our package was delivered on Friday and a confirmation email received today. I'm very hopeful! Let us know what the decision is!

No idea...I've logged into my UPS account and I can't see that I've been billed for anything at all yet.

« Reply #1191 on: January 14, 2015, 07:51:12 PM »
YES! It came today! I got my visa! Issued January 8 and they only received my packet on January 6. So the who processing time from door to door was 10 days total. Priority is fast right now.

Apparently having two names on the bank account was fine! Or perhaps it didn't really register as both of their names are similar (Kieran/Kiran)...who knows. But anyway, no questions and no problem! 

Just booked my flights and we're off the 27 Feb!

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone for all the advice and help!

Also, they did ship back in the UPS envelope that I had enclosed WITH the UPS international waybill that I filled out at the UPS main office.

Re:
« Reply #1192 on: January 14, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »
OMG! Is that a record?! Congratulations writeshawna! Lots of stuff to get organised now :)

Re:
« Reply #1193 on: January 15, 2015, 07:47:27 PM »
My fiancé got an email "A decision has been made on your UK Visa application.  Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield... "
Please let it be good news!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #1194 on: January 15, 2015, 08:29:38 PM »
YES! It came today! I got my visa! Issued January 8 and they only received my packet on January 6. So the who processing time from door to door was 10 days total. Priority is fast right now.

Apparently having two names on the bank account was fine! Or perhaps it didn't really register as both of their names are similar (Kieran/Kiran)...who knows. But anyway, no questions and no problem! 

Also, they did ship back in the UPS envelope that I had enclosed WITH the UPS international waybill that I filled out at the UPS main office.

Writeshawnna Congrats! What magic are you using to make that happen so quickly?!

I'm getting ready to submit my application, but I'm still waiting for my husband to send me some documents. I'm debating on whether to submit my online application before the documents actually get here though as I have the assumption that the biometrics appointments can't actually be made the same day as you submit. From what I've gathered it might actually take a week to have that appointment, and I want to submit as soon as I get those documents from my husband. Anyone have any advice?

First Met-March 22 2013
Started dating-March 25 2013
Engaged-June 30 2014
Married-December 27 2014
Application submitted-January 30 2015
Biometrics-February 5 2015
Documents sent-February 9 2015
Documents recieved at Sheffield- February 11 2015
Visa decision email-February 24 2015
Visa received-February 26 2015
Flights booked-March 4 2015

« Reply #1195 on: January 15, 2015, 08:39:52 PM »

Writeshawnna Congrats! What magic are you using to make that happen so quickly?!

I'm getting ready to submit my application, but I'm still waiting for my husband to send me some documents. I'm debating on whether to submit my online application before the documents actually get here though as I have the assumption that the biometrics appointments can't actually be made the same day as you submit. From what I've gathered it might actually take a week to have that appointment, and I want to submit as soon as I get those documents from my husband. Anyone have any advice?

It took me a week to get my biometrics appt, but I also paid the week of Christmas, so I couldn't get in until the week after. I paid the 22nd and my appt was the 30th. So there will be a lag before you need to send everything. You only have 14 days from biometrics and 30 days TOTAL after paying to get everything to Sheffield. If you KNOW for sure you will have the documents you could do it. I waited until I had everything except my UPS account before paying.

I was a little peeved because I paid extra for them to send me a certified copy of my marriage license, which I had been told was "in the mail" so I waited for it. It never came, so a week later (the 22nd) I went and paid for another one at the court records office. Good thing I did too, because the other one still hasn't come (need to check on that!).

I am just glad that they must not have gotten a bunch of applications in over the holidays and they did mine quickly! The gods of UKVI smiled on me and the priority cost was worth it to me to get it back so fast!

Sushie, you should have it on Monday (assuming they don't do Saturday delivery) and yours was just about as quick as mine, right? Good luck to you both!

Re:
« Reply #1196 on: January 15, 2015, 10:03:17 PM »
Thank you! Eek!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #1197 on: January 15, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »

I would highly recommend that you do NOT submit your online application until the documents are in your hand, and you have checked to make sure everything you need is there.

In the past, there have been a few instances where people submitted their online application, but there was an unexpected holdup with the documents arriving in the US (ex. getting stuck in customs), and the applicants almost missed the deadline to submit everything. 

This usually isn't a problem if everything was shipped via FedEx (or DHL, etc) as these companies have their own customs processing departments, but there could still be a holdup or delay of some sort.  If the documents were shipped via Royal mail or Parcelforce, they will have to go through the regular customs queue with all other international mail upon arrival in the US, and that could take a while.

So just in case there's any kind of delay with the documents getting to you, I wouldn't submit the online application as that will start the clock ticking. 

• Liked: 134
« Reply #1198 on: January 16, 2015, 09:08:47 AM »

As Aquila said, wait until you have your documents.  If you are eager to get the ball rolling, you can log on and begin filling in your online application but wait until you have EVERYTHING in order before you submit it.  You won't be able to book your biometrics appointment until you have submitted and paid.  How soon you can get an appointment depends on where you are having yours done.  I did mine in Cleveland and was able to book an appointment for the Thursday of the week I submitted (did my online application on Monday evening).  It just depends on how busy the office is.  The ease of having everything in order and being ready to send your application after your Biometrics are done is so much nicer than rushing to correct any mistakes on an approaching deadline.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1199 on: January 16, 2015, 12:01:50 PM »

Woo hoo!  I was on the "submit now" team.  So glad it worked!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab