Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Re: Unaltered Pets- are there regulations?  (Read 2878 times)

• Money can't buy me, luv
    • My Myspace Profile
  • Liked: 0
Re: Unaltered Pets- are there regulations?
« on: November 09, 2004, 04:10:19 PM »
Hi,

I am looking into moving the the UK within the next couple of years and would like to bring my dogs along with me.  They are show dogs and thus are not spayed/neutered.  I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any rules or regulations about bringing unaltered dogs into the country.  If there is something against it I have no problems with neutering, but I don't want to if it's not necessary.

Thanks in advance,

Ellie
"Oh look, a beckoning digit!"

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 09:44:09 PM »
I've never read anything about mandatory altering.  I've seen lots of in-tact dogs around. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• My Myspace Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 10:00:07 PM »
Thanks... I know some places in the US you have to have a special license for unneutered dogs; just wondering if they had something like that over there.

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 10:33:19 AM »
If you're not sure, check the DEFRA website.   :) 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 12:25:50 PM »
Hi Ellie,

The legislation you need to look at would be "The Breeding and Sale of Dogs Act (Welfare) 1999" and the focus would be on b*tches/potential litters and not entire males.- but my memory is outdated with this and I am sure local authorities each have their own spin also.

Are you planning to campaign your dogs in the UK? if so, I assume you already know this, but dog showing/handling in the UK is very (VERY!) different to the U.S!
Sheril.

Born to shop..............forced to work

• My Myspace Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 11:39:56 PM »
Thanks Kristy and Sheril,

Yes, I know that dog shows in the UK are VERY different... ;-)  My dogs are a totally different type than European Brittanys tho so it would be pointless to show them over there, but they are very nice American type dogs so I would like to avoid neutering my male.  He is a champion and has some performance (obedience and agility) titles also.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Ellie

Sponsored Links