Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Work permit nightmare  (Read 821 times)

• Liked: 0
Work permit nightmare
« on: November 10, 2004, 09:30:56 AM »
My work permit is taking so much longer than I thought it would and they have just been stringing me along. I just found out that I won't be able to work until the end of January at the earliest if they approve the permit. I need something to do with my time for 3 months and I am not able to leave the country since I need to submit my passport.  Does anyone know of any decent volenteer groups or any fun groups to get involved in?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 02:54:16 PM by jules13 »

• Hi there.
Re: Work permit nightmare
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 09:49:26 AM »
Jules, you can get yourself in major hot water with "under the table" work. Don't. If you're caught you may be deported and your pending work permit cancelled.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 10:09:40 AM »
Working under the table is ILLEGAL and as Misch said, can result in DEPORTATION.

NO ONE on this site or any other reputable one will assist in any illegal activity.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 10:35:31 AM »
If it is a renewal of your previous permit which has expired while you are waiting for the new one you can continue to work, otherwise as the others have said working without the required permit is illegal.  Not only would you be deported you would probably be restricted from entering the UK for several years. 

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 12:58:04 PM »
Sorry hon, I can't offer any advice other than what was given. I wouldn't recommend doing any work without a visa. It's very very risky and could result in deportation and denial of any future visas.

Hang in there and keep bugging them about your visa. Perhaps if you put a bit of pressure on them, they'll hurry up and get it out.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

Sponsored Links