Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Leaving and going home  (Read 2634 times)

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
Leaving and going home
« on: September 05, 2015, 02:52:36 PM »
After getting married August 24, and going home Sunday back to Toronto, i already feel sad and heart broken, Am going to miss my wife her family and already depressed.. I feel  very disconnected, but hoping my photography will help me through all this and be back to the UK with my Wife in York. Got my documents for the settlement Visa going. hopefully it will all come to pass.

Anyone feel the same way like me and how to cope
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 05:26:44 AM by eddyj »
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 1
Re: Leaving and going home
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 10:10:12 PM »
I too got married 24th August, but in Memphis and had to return home to England on the 28th :( Its miserable at the moment. I hope your visas go smoothly, we're not applying until December but I'm still holding out hope for a Christmas reunion!

My coping mechanism so far has just been to stay busy, sorting through wedding photos, organising the visa paperwork, working, looking after my 4 year old starting school, and lots and lots of Skype time. It helps a little, but the separation pain this time is much more acute than after previous visits :(
Met online; April 2012
'More-than-friends'; 27th Dec 2012
Met first in UK; June 2013
Married in Memphis; 24th August 2015
Applied online; 27th November 2015
Biometrics Appt; 2nd December 2015
Package sent to Sheffield; 3rd December 2015
UPS delivered to Sheffield; 7th December 2015
Email from Sheffield confirming receipt; 8th December 2015
Decision Made; 14th December
VISA!!! 16th December

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 10:14:19 PM »
I too got married 24th August, but in Memphis and had to return home to England on the 28th :( Its miserable at the moment. I hope your visas go smoothly, we're not applying until December but I'm still holding out hope for a Christmas reunion!

My coping mechanism so far has just been to stay busy, sorting through wedding photos, organising the visa paperwork, working, looking after my 4 year old starting school, and lots and lots of Skype time. It helps a little, but the separation pain this time is much more acute than after previous visits :(

Just as an FYI, the UKVI gets REALLY busy in December because everyone seems to want to be together for Christmas. I would get your application in ASAP and go priority if you can.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 10:27:14 PM »
No can do unfortunately, i lived in my overdraft to the tune of £1k a month until end of May, but I'm out of that now but need 6 months clear bank statements to submit to the UKVI which takes us up to end November earliest. I'd love to apply now since we largely have the funds, I just don't have a nice clear financial/bank history. Plus I had a 12k deposit from my mum as she long term loaned us the money to pay for wedding/visas, which I wont show on the bank statements if I wait til November.
Met online; April 2012
VISA!!! 16th December

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 11:55:28 PM »
No can do unfortunately, i lived in my overdraft to the tune of £1k a month until end of May, but I'm out of that now but need 6 months clear bank statements to submit to the UKVI which takes us up to end November earliest. I'd love to apply now since we largely have the funds, I just don't have a nice clear financial/bank history. Plus I had a 12k deposit from my mum as she long term loaned us the money to pay for wedding/visas, which I wont show on the bank statements if I wait til November.

It doesn't matter about your outgoings and you don't need 6 months of 'clear' bank statements either - what you do with your money after it has entered your account is irrelevant for the visa.

So it doesn't matter if you go into an overdraft each month and it doesn't matter if the £12K shows on your statements either - you can just have your mum write a letter explaining it was a wedding gift.

All they care about is that you are paid at the minimum financial requirement amount before tax each month and that the money is deposited into a bank account in your name. The only transaction they care about is that payslip deposit each month.

So, if you meet the financial requirement right now, then go ahead and apply right now. There's no need to wait until November just to make your bank balance look good.

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 08:15:58 AM »
Stubbornbrit, i truly hope your dreams come true as well as mine..i came back on the 6 sept, i want to join my wife for christmas, i have a marriage visa that would have taken me to December 22/2015, i want to be there for christmas with my wife, thats the reason i am back here..it would have really eaten me inside leaving on the 22, Dec.
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »

Absolutely agree...god am gutted
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »
How you doing? Literally just been talking to my husband about this and how it sucks so much worse than usual, but we can both feel it's getting a little easier knowing it's getting closer. Have you applied for your visa yet?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Met online; April 2012
VISA!!! 16th December

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 10:44:25 PM »
In the process we have a lawyer looking over the information, and will let us next week, same lawyers we used for our Marriage Visa..and they came through for us, we talk a lot through Messenger and Tango everyday.It does get a bit better but nothing beat being with your loved one nothing..Hoping to fill out everything next week

Good Luck...let us know
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 9
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 05:31:07 PM »
We were married in the States, and hubby had to head home 5 weeks after the wedding, and we were apart 2 2/12 LONG months before he was back. Then, a few years later when we decided to move to the UK, he went a month ahead of me, and I went for just under 6 months on a visitor's visa. After that I came home for the 2 months it took to get my visa. Before it was time to apply again, hubs decided he liked living in the US more, so we moved back over. We filed DCF, but I was still back here a month before him.

We spent all those times keeping busy with work, spending time with family and friends (especially the one who was moving and wouldn't see them for a while), and more or less anything we could to make the time go by. We called a couple times a day, texted throughout the day, and spent time online at least daily, talking about everything and nothing. In a way it was like dating again, when we had to rely on computers and phones to keep in contact.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab