Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US spouse visa help  (Read 1323 times)

• Liked: 0
US spouse visa help
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:17:46 PM »
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if I could get some guidance on this.

I just married my UK spouse under a marriage visitor visa and I am back in the USA working. My husband and I decided the spouse visa was the best route instead of the Fiance visa.

I've looked at the US Spouse visa and so far it seems pretty straight forward. I just have a few questions to see what is needed. I am hoping the US Spouse visa is a lot more straight forward than the UK marriage visitor visa. (And not as vague...)

Marriage certificate - Is a copy acceptable or should I send in the actual copy of the marriage certificate that I received in the UK?

What other evidence do I need to provide? I have flights, emails, messages, photos etc. from the past few years. Is this enough?

On the website they mentioned co-mingling of financial resources or joint tenancy of a common residence. Would bank statements work? We have a joint bank account in the US and UK, so would a bank statement be enough proof? I also resided at his home while I was studying abroad. (I don't know if this would be applicable.) He never really officially resided in the US, he only came in as a visitor for a few weeks/months.

Also, how much evidence should I provide to the US immigration services?

Is there anything else I need to be aware before I submit the applications for the US Spouse visa?

Lastly, after I submit the applications, will my husband be able to travel to the US while the visa is pending? Who does he need to notify before entering the US?

Many thanks!

• Liked: 4985
Re: US spouse visa help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:44:17 PM »
We have a few members who have brought their UK spouse to the US but the vast majority of traffic on this site is US to UK.

Visajourney.com is supposed to be a fantastic resource for UK to US.  You might get more responses there.   :D

• Liked: 0
Re: US spouse visa help
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 08:47:27 PM »
Great! Thank you!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab