Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pet Travel crates  (Read 1397 times)

• Liked: 0
Pet Travel crates
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:55:21 PM »
Is there a preferred brand of pet crate that is suitable for most airlines? There are so many choices and most seem to fit the basic requirements. I'll be flying Virgin Atlantic if that helps. My dog is a border terrier/Corgi mix, so he's twice as long as he is tall. He's 24 inches long and 13 inches tall. I know there has to be room enough for him to turn around, stand and lie down. How about the water dish and food and things he'll need for the journey? Any other advice for crates, traveling with your pet (I'm doing it myself, the pet transport companies are a bit out of our budget) etc? Any and all help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Pet Travel crates
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 10:15:52 PM »
My pet transport company said to tape bags of food to the sides of the crate in case the flight is delayed.  For water, freeze water in cups that are a part if the crate.  It'll defrost during the flight.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:40:03 PM »
United told me what to do with regards to food and water when I flew my cats. They were very helpful. I taped ziploc bags of food onto the crates with food and they had water dishes attached to the door of their crates. I don't remember the brand of the crate now, sorry. I got them from petsmart.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 05:41:50 PM »
I bought mine from PetSmart, it was IATA Approved. The cargo company from British Airways sent me all sorts of documentation for the crate. I also bought an "airline kit" to change the screws but no one seemed to notice. Let me see if I can post the sizing document here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 05:50:13 PM »

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »

• Liked: 13
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 08:52:46 PM »
Maybe I'm too late replying here, but SkyKennel is your best choice as ventilation is required on all 4 sides for International flights, which most others don't have.  My 4 dogs shipped over last Thursday, huge relief when I heard from my DH that he was at HARC and had procession of them!

Julia

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab