Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Temporary NI# number...  (Read 2361 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Temporary NI# number...
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2004, 02:10:19 PM »
Anyone have a problem finding a local DSS telephone number? Inland rev. says to contact a jobcentre plus, they said to call Social Security who said that this number was no longer effective and to call Inland revenue who said to call a local Jobcentre who then...
( the usual paper shuffling and all too common annoying British "I don't know what to tell you to do but I will advise pompously/wrongly anyhow...")

Who told me to call Social security...
Who's new number was disconnected.

Who the h*** do I call, and how do I find a local one? The phone book has social services, ( and since I am not adopting anyone nor am I hurting anyone this isn't it...) but alas...no Social Security.

Even the net has been letting me down...my local jobcentreplus office was listed in Norfolk...
and I live 15 miles south of London. ( pretty much Guildford.)And when I called them anyways like the Inland revenue site says...well, lather, rinse repeat the above at nauseum.

Anyone else seem to have this runaround? Or is it my singularly bad karma?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2004, 02:16:34 PM »
oh i know it sucks!

the social security office did give me 3 different numbers to call...and they worked once i got through. 

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2004, 02:17:43 PM »
Jill, I have the Woking number somewhere.  PM me and I will look for it when I get home. (I am in Guildford as well)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab