Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Who grew up watching MASH?  (Read 4298 times)

• Liked: 1892
Who grew up watching MASH?
« on: June 17, 2016, 11:11:26 AM »

Now that we've had a love-in about School House Rock, I wonder who else grew up watching reruns of MASH?  I used to watch 3 or 4 a day.  I wonder if that's why I'm so liberal.

Re: Who grew up watching MASH?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:13:44 AM »
I thought about this because I saw that some TV channel is playing it every day at 5.  I thought of telling my kids to watch it, but I'm not sure they need more TV. 

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »
I definitely watched episodes of MASH but I think I was a bit young for it... they played it on Nick at Night. I definitely preferred I Dream of Jeannie or Bewitched. I LOVED Green Acres theme song, but the show as a bit boring. The Beverly Hillbillies was entertaining, even if I didn't get all the jokes yet. I wonder when Nick at Night actually stopped... I watched it in 1995-96.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 02:13:01 PM »
Were there deep jokes in the Beverly Hillbillies that I missed? 

I used to watch all those shows.  Seems like Green Acres had one joke, how did they make a whole show about it?  You are right that the opening song was a masterpiece, I'll always remember the guy walking behind his tractor.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 02:14:28 PM »
Let's not forget Gilligan's Island.  I might have to get the kids to watch some of those

• Liked: 111
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 04:09:46 PM »
I had a friend that made me watch MASH with her every single day. She would record them from the television and play the VHS tapes for our department at work during lunch time. I'm not a fan. I found it really uncomfortable and somewhat hysterical that she had the hots for our HR director who was a dead ringer for Alan Alda!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 04:23:03 PM »

Dude, there was this one where the Clampetts befriended a bunch of beatniks.....amongst the beatniks was a guy who just laid, corpse-like, on a table all the time...every now and then he would sit up, everyone would gather around, and he'd say something "profound".

Too, when they decided to turn the mansion into a boarding house, they put little hand-painted signs up along the road...one said, "Outdoor swimmin' indoor plumbin'."
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »
Oh and Cousin Pearl had this gem, "Too poor to paint, too proud to whitewash".
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 04:33:21 PM »
I had a friend that made me watch MASH with her every single day. She would record them from the television and play the VHS tapes for our department at work during lunch time. I'm not a fan. I found it really uncomfortable and somewhat hysterical that she had the hots for our HR director who was a dead ringer for Alan Alda!

Sounds like someone is a little obsessed.   I can see how that would annoy you, who wants to watch tv during lunch at work?

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 04:36:41 PM »
Dude, there was this one where the Clampetts befriended a bunch of beatniks.....amongst the beatniks was a guy who just laid, corpse-like, on a table all the time...every now and then he would sit up, everyone would gather around, and he'd say something "profound".

Too, when they decided to turn the mansion into a boarding house, they put little hand-painted signs up along the road...one said, "Outdoor swimmin' indoor plumbin'."
That's settled then, I'll be sure to watch some of those if I can. 

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 04:40:09 PM »
By the way, tonight is Star Trek night at our house.  We are on season 4 of Enterprise.  Yes, I know it's possibly the worst of all the various Star Treks and the theme song makes me want to kick the Tv, but we are going to watch them in order that they happened

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 04:45:03 PM »
but we are going to watch them in order that they happened

Not to introduce a time paradox, but as the Shatner era crew sling shotted (slung shot?) around the Earth and travelled back to 80's San Francisco.....should you begin there?

• Liked: 537
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 06:59:49 PM »

I used to watch all those shows.  Seems like Green Acres had one joke, how did they make a whole show about it?  You are right that the opening song was a masterpiece, I'll always remember the guy walking behind his tractor.

I was only 10 years old when I was watching the shows... You don't always catch all the jokes at that age. haha. Some things just aren't funny yet. :)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
Not to introduce a time paradox, but as the Shatner era crew sling shotted (slung shot?) around the Earth and travelled back to 80's San Francisco.....should you begin there?
That makes my head hurt just thinking about it. 

Along those lines, I guess we could find all the episodes where they time travel back to the Old West and watch them first.  Too bad those are usually the worst.

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 01:35:37 PM »
Ripped shirt Shatner

Sponsored Links