Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: how is everyone?  (Read 2601 times)

• A Photographic Journey
  • Liked: 1
how is everyone?
« on: August 15, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »
how is you doing?  just felt like saying hi 😊😊😊
Kinky is using a feather.  Perverted is using the whole chicken. 😝😝

• Liked: 6110
Re: how is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 04:13:11 PM »

Hi atheana, *waves*  :)

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:06:21 PM »
Howdy Larabee 😆  How are you today?

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 05:15:06 PM »
Howdy Larabee 😆  How are you today?

I'm enjoying the Olympic coverage. Watching the Dressage at the moment which is just mind blowing to me...  how do they even do that ?!  :)

• Liked: 154
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »
I just finished my first day at a much better job. So my day is fantastic! How is yours? I just have to say how much I love this forum. It's nice to have somewhere to go and know people will understand.

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 10:58:54 AM »
I'm enjoying the Olympic coverage. Watching the Dressage at a the moment which is just mind blowing to me...  how do they even do that ?!  :)

Larrabee I was watching it earlier and I was thinking the exact same thing myself. It's like ballet on hooves LOL.  I was listening to the commentator and hearing that one equestrian actually pulled her horse out of the event -  I think it was due to an injury? She puts her horse first, good for her!

I just finished my first day at a much better job. So my day is fantastic! How is yours? I just have to say how much I love this forum. It's nice to have somewhere to go and know people will understand.

Congratulations Eh27929 on your new job!  It is so nice when you actually enjoy your work. And I agree, it is nice to be able to speak with fellow Yanks, a bit like a home away from home LOL

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 12:14:40 PM »

What about yourself? How are you today atheana?  :)

Awesome!...on both counts!  ;D

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 01:17:05 PM »
What about yourself? How are you today atheana?  :)

Awesome!...on both counts!  ;D

lol I'm good Larrabee, thanks for asking 😊.  I'm ALWAYS good when the sun decides to make an appearance lol. I'm a true sun baby at heart  and if truth be told, even after a quarter of a century in this country, I still cannot stand the weather LOL I think God was in a bad mood when he chose the location for this country LOL

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 01:49:36 PM »
lol I'm good Larrabee, thanks for asking 😊.  I'm ALWAYS good when the sun decides to make an appearance lol. I'm a true sun baby at heart  and if truth be told, even after a quarter of a century in this country, I still cannot stand the weather LOL I think God was in a bad mood when he chose the location for this country LOL

Haha! I like to think the weather here is some kind of a happy medium between being too hot/cold or wet/dry! Although we are on the wet side here, I grant you that! ;)

What I could live without is the terribly short days in winter. I wish they would keep us on summer time all the time. That would help a little bit.  :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 03:33:07 PM »
Haha! I like to think the weather here is some kind of a happy medium between being too hot/cold or wet/dry! Although we are on the wet side here, I grant you that! ;)

I could go into a detailed explanation as to why we get the weather we do, but that would take a while :P.

I will say though that we get less rainfall than many US cities, it's just that we generally get small amounts of rain more often (i.e. light rain and drizzle), rather than big, heavy storms that dump a load of rain at once.

What I could live without is the terribly short days in winter. I wish they would keep us on summer time all the time. That would help a little bit.  :)

It would help in the evenings, but it wouldn't get light until after 9 a.m. in winter if we kept to summer time - you would end up having sunrise at 9 am and sunset at 5 pm, instead of 8 am and 4 pm.

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 03:48:58 PM »
Thanks ksand!  :)

You're right. I don't suppose it matters which way you slice it, it's still only 8 hours of daylight!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 04:24:11 PM »
Ksand beat me to it, I was going to say that we've got amazingly good weather for how far north we are.  Our location is pretty lucky. 

• Liked: 154
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 08:01:43 PM »
I'm loving the weather here.  I had a few friends live here (different areas) before I moved, and they all complained about the weather. Even people at work complain, but I think it's been great. I mean it was cold in winter, but not unbeatable. And the rain isn't crazy where I am. We've had a lot of sun this summer that I even have a small, teeny tiny tan. That's the only complaint I have. We will be in the sun all day [with sun cream], my husband will get burned or tan and I get nothing. I miss my natural summer tan.

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »
Yes, the sun...love it but unfortunately it doesn't seem to like the UK too much 😩.    Yes, we have had some lovely summer days and so far it's been a relatively good summer, weatherwise.  I used to live in Eilat (southern tip of Israel) and in the summer the average daily there was in the low 40's, EVERY DAY lol.  I swore if I ever returned to the UK I would never again complain about the weather..ha! As if lol.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:50:46 PM by atheana »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab