Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tx music tonight?  (Read 1718 times)

• Liked: 6
Tx music tonight?
« on: February 11, 2017, 11:55:08 AM »
I'm headed out tonight with my fiancée and some of her friends to see a Texas music band (turnpike troubadours) at Oslo in Hackney. If anyone wants to come out & say hi. I'll be the guy in boots with a Texas accent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
Re: Tx music tonight?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
Man, you posted this too late.  I would have tried to make it.  How was it?

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 10:44:46 AM »
Man, you posted this too late.  I would have tried to make it.  How was it?
It was excellent. Ended up selling out. Completely packed. Crowd singing along to songs. Talked to the guys after and they said that's how it'd been all along their 10-12 show U.K. tour. I was impressed considering that's the first time that band has been over. They'll be back for sure.

I'm back in Houston now, but seeing that was good for me. I know I'm not going to see my favorite bands coming through town every few months, but some solid groups are coming over often enough that I should be able to get my fix once I move over full time.

I also noticed there were a ton of Texas/Oklahoma folks at that show, but there was also a good half the crowd from England who were super into it. So that's pretty cool too. Makes me believe there's good support for those kinds of groups to make the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 11:48:34 AM »
Sounds good.  I really need to make an effort to see more live music.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab