Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wapping?  (Read 1109 times)

• Liked: 56
Wapping?
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:27:39 AM »
Hey folks,

We are looking to move from our current very loud two-bed on a high street in West Hampstead into something more quiet and larger. We really like living in Wham and have friends/support network built up here and were intending to look in this area but another opportunity came up after I was chatting with my hairdresser on Thursday. Only thing is its in Wapping.

We went to check it out yesterday and it is checking all our boxes - non-conversion terraced house with garden, space and acceptance for our kitties, little ornamental canal out front, near the river, storage, no drafts, etc. And DAMN was it quiet, we spent some time walking around the area to get a feel for it though we have been down in the St Katherine's Dock area before. Seemed neat and tidy, no litter around, no for rent signs everywhere.

Is there anything about the area I should know about? I work on the South Bank near the Tate Modern and other half is in Chancery Lane (but could be moving towards Old St) and we can work from home a few days a week. We don't need a lot of places to eat in the area, but we do need to be able to get home easily/safely after late night shows (usually at RAH, Barbican, South Bank Centre, maybe Hamm. Apollo and occasionally Roundhouse). Wham is fabulous on this last point, which can get to 2 or 3 times a week in "peak seasons" (Spring and Fall).

One other point - the rent is the same if not cheaper than our current hallway of a flat (£1850), and I would be able to cycle/walk/scooter to my office and eliminate at least one travelcard expense. A garden in Wham is impossible without upstairs neigbors and the space we want will come in at the top end of our budget. I'd really rather save the money from raises rather than just keep getting bigger places to live!

I have walked through Shadwell in the past and am aware of that area, but does it extend down into Wapping at all? Or is it really just the City Boy Dormitory?

Sponsored Links