Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proof of presence is US for registering birth  (Read 1258 times)

• Liked: 1
Proof of presence is US for registering birth
« on: February 28, 2017, 02:18:34 PM »
Hi all
We're going to take our baby boy to be registered soon and had a couple of question

Does anyone know if a DD214 is sufficient as proof of physical presence in the USA? It's all my husband has right now

And for the dates present in the USA how accurate does this need to be? My husband travelled a lot before we met so might not have actual days

Lastly for me, I travelled to the USA when I was 12 but don't know the exact dates for that either, how strict is it?

Thanks loads!!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Proof of presence is US for registering birth
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 02:38:53 PM »
Congratulations on your baby!

I'm not sure what a DD214 is...  I used college transcripts with no issues.  I know others have used old passports. 

For the dates, they are very understanding.  Have him try to remember what he can and general dates are fine.  Month and year is perfect, as best as he (and you) can remember.  One tip, keep the dates in case you have a second baby so it's already done for you!   ;)

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »
We just did this, and old passports were fine. The dates in the US were all just educated guesses and that was fine. We also had to estimate how much time we'd spent out of the country (on vacations, etc) and add it to the bottom of the list, but again, they were just ballparks.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
Thanks both

The DD214 is US army honourable discharge paperwork which proves residency (IMHO)

We've got an old passport and we'll guess the dates

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab