Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Employer pension account FBAR  (Read 474 times)

• Liked: 9
Employer pension account FBAR
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:44:32 AM »
Hi,

I will be filing FBAR for the first time this year and have a question around my DC workplace pension account. The account is with Legal & General, but all the info I have and the site I use to access it is an internal company site.

Do I use the address of my company's pensions department or look up the address of Legal and General?

I don't see an "account number" as you would with a normal bank account. I have a "membership number" that I use to log in to the site and is on my annual benefits statement. Can I use that on the FBAR form?

Thanks,
Max

• Liked: 12
Re: Employer pension account FBAR
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:51:24 AM »
Your pension account is with L&G so I would use its address, not that of your company's pension department.

The FBAR asks for an account number or other designation.  If all you have is a membership number, use that.

For the "Type of account", I select "Other" and write "Pension" in the box to the right of that.

• Liked: 719
Re: Employer pension account FBAR
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 05:34:14 PM »
Your pension account is with L&G so I would use its address, not that of your company's pension department.

The FBAR asks for an account number or other designation.  If all you have is a membership number, use that.

For the "Type of account", I select "Other" and write "Pension" in the box to the right of that.

+1

Since the membership number is on both the website and the annual statement then it sounds very much like that it is the "account number" needed on the FBAR form.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links