Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Using Tide detergent?  (Read 3805 times)

• Liked: 20
Re: Using Tide detergent?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 09:51:57 AM »
Does anyone have any experience using American Tide detergent in a British machine?  Are ours considered to be what are referred to as "HE" machines back in the states (stands for high efficiency).  The Tide website and other forums claim that if you use normal tide in an HE machine, due to the tumbling action of the clothes, it creates more suds and you chance flooding/breaking the machine.

Any tips?  Should I use the HE Tide?
This is just a guess, but I am thinking it's ok to use HE in a UK machine, they are so much smaller and use less water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 584
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 10:39:50 AM »
I guess the clue's in the name....bio for 'biological' dirt?

I choose by scent.  Formil from Lidl smells really nice, but my favourite is the herbal-scented Surf.

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 08:01:10 PM »
I used fabric softener instead of detergent for months because I had no idea it wasn't soap! I've also lived here for three years and didn't really get the difference between bio and non-bio. I just choose non-bio because my son has eczema. I wash at 30 degrees and haven't really noticed an issue.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 12:59:44 PM »
I used fabric softener instead of detergent for months because I had no idea it wasn't soap! I've also lived here for three years and didn't really get the difference between bio and non-bio. I just choose non-bio because my son has eczema. I wash at 30 degrees and haven't really noticed an issue.
That's it, several in our family have sensitive skin and eczema so it's got to be non bio. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab