Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Using NHS without permanent address  (Read 1455 times)

• Liked: 20
Using NHS without permanent address
« on: May 30, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »
I've been in the UK for two weeks, and am sick for the second time! I'm temporarily living with an ER nurse, and suspect I keep catching bugs from her workplace. :o

I paid the NHS supplement with my visa application, but I haven't been able to register with a GP because I'm not at a permanent address quite yet. I'm hoping I can just sleep this off, but if I get worse, is there a way I can access NHS services that doesn't involve going to the ER? I have my BRP and am in Scotland, if that matters.

• Liked: 3589
Re: Using NHS without permanent address
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 12:22:39 PM »
Sorry you aren't feeling well :(.

You could try an NHS Walk-In centre and see if they can help you :).

Alternatively, you might be able to get in to see a GP as a temporary patient for now (that's what visitors to the UK can do if they get sick while on vacation).

• Liked: 49
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:56:49 PM »
Sorry you aren't feeling well :(.

You could try an NHS Walk-In centre and see if they can help you :).

Alternatively, you might be able to get in to see a GP as a temporary patient for now (that's what visitors to the UK can do if they get sick while on vacation).
Hi! Read you ate a Clearwater gal My family lives there! Anyway, just to clarify. My fiancee and I are a few weeks from submitting our Fiancee visa for me to marry and live in th eff UK. I was under the impression that you need a travelers insurance then pay your N HS charge along with your marriage visa within the 6 months. Please help me clarify. Thanks!x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 01:08:20 PM »
Hi! Read you ate a Clearwater gal My family lives there! Anyway, just to clarify. My fiancee and I are a few weeks from submitting our Fiancee visa for me to marry and live in th eff UK. I was under the impression that you need a travelers insurance then pay your N HS charge along with your marriage visa within the 6 months. Please help me clarify. Thanks!x

AncestrySpouse is on a different kind of visa so they have already paid their IHS fee.

You are correct for your own situation, buy travel insurance then you'll pay the IHS when you apply for FLR(M) within the 6 months.  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:10:55 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 01:12:13 PM »
Feel better AncestrySpouse! :)

• Liked: 49
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 01:51:06 PM »
AncestrySpouse is on a different kind of visa so they have already paid their IHS fee.

You are correct for your own situation, buy travel insurance then you'll pay the IHS when you apply for FLR(M) within the 6 months.  :)
Thanks!

Sponsored Links