Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 762 times)

• Don't forget !
  • Liked: 0
Hello everyone
« on: May 28, 2003, 10:18:02 AM »
Hello to you all,

I thought I had better introduce myself, my name is Keith (Brit) and I am the fiance of Sandy (Yankee) a.k.a Runner. She has been on at me to join UKY for sometime and I finally did it !

I lived in Atlanta for 7 years, which is where I met my lovely W2B. Returned to the UK in November, Sandy will be joining me next week (Hurrah !). It's been quite an adjustment for me (as a Brit) to move back to the UK so I appreciate what some of you are going through.

UKY will certainly help me understand and deal with the occassional translation issues Sandy and I have even after knowing each other for 5 years. She says I have truely reverted back to a Brit and lost all of my Americanisms in the 7 months I have been back.

Anyway, just thought I would say hello and look forward to hearing from you.

Keith

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 11:33:50 AM »
Hi Keith,

Nice to meet you.  Your Lovely other half was the first person to welcome me to the board.  I am grateful for the honor of saying hello to you.  

Wishing you and Sandy all the best on your new life together.  
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 04:19:55 PM »
Hi there Keith.  Welcome on board!  Sandy and I keep waving at each other from opposite sides of Atlanta.  ;D

Too bad she can't take us with her in her suitcase when she goes.  I am so ready.

I have always wondered what it might be like for a Brit moving back.  Keep wondering how my hubby will do.  

I often find that you have reverse culture shock.  It's almost weirder because you just expect things to be the same as when you left.

What things were the hardest or most interesting for you?

Again welcome!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 05:13:04 PM »
Hi Honey,

I'm glad you finally made the move and posted!  Don't forget the Spouse House...I think they have some pretty interesting conversations in there!

Love, [smiley=love.gif]

Sandy
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• Don't forget !
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 02:32:05 AM »
All,

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Sandy,

Thanks honey (definately an americanism, should be  Ta luv !) can't wait to see you next week !

As for what I will miss as a Brit leaving the USA, well the obvious one is the weather. Also the sense of space, especially in the supermarket (miss Kroger's at 11 at night !).

BBQ/grilling season 9 months of the year !

When I first moved back to the UK in November the first week I was here I stayed at my Mother's house sleeping in my old bedroom, one morning I over slept and could hear my mother calling me from the bottom of the stairs to get up. I woke up thinking the last 25 years had been a dream and I was late for school !

However, when the sun shines in England and you can walk to the shop and buy a Sunday paper and walk to the pub there is nowhere better in the world.

Best wishes,

Keith

• Liked: 24
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2003, 03:00:35 AM »
Welcome Keith, all I can say is that if you're the love of Sandy's life, than you must be more than alright. :)

Thanks for looking after her so well, and best of luck in your upcoming new life together.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2003, 03:00:59 AM by admin »

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2003, 07:32:51 PM »
Yes welcome Keith we need more blood in the spouse house! 'Cause we're out-numbered by the ladies 10:1 or it seems like it ;).....

Erm I'm just thinking that I'm one of the only bona fide spouses who post quite regularly.

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2003, 10:10:32 PM »
Hello Keith...and a big welcome to the group...   errrr!, wish I could get my H2B to speak more here...LOL!...  I know he would enjoy it...but sense that he feels he should be a bit more on the professional side .

Glad to hear Sandy will be there soon...  I know it has been a long wait for you two...  good luck with all and hope to see you around some.

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Bo Selecta!!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 04:52:42 AM »
Welcome to the boards!  :D
...We're not bad people.;D

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2003, 05:44:03 PM »
Welcome Keith!  All the best to you and Sandy.  Take good care.

karen
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab