Author Topic: Howdo. New York>>>Norwich  (Read 848 times)

Offline oldpunk

• Liked: 0
Howdo. New York>>>Norwich
« on: July 01, 2017, 11:16:36 AM »
Hi there people,

I've had this site bookmarked for years and finally decided it's time to jump in as me and my lovely lady will no doubt be needing to dip into this wonderful pool of knowledge and bug everyone over the coming months  ;D

I live in Norwich UK and 'met' my lovely American girlfriend (currently living slightly upstate NY) on MySpace (remember that?) back in 2006 (although we did and do have lots of real world mutual friends). We met and got together in 2007 and have been doing the long distance thing, travelling back and forth seeing each other roughly every 3 or 4 months ever since. 10 year anniversary right about now  8) ;D We're planning on getting married later this year and then fingers crossed she'll be moving over here early next year.
Looking at all the boxes to be ticked and hoops to jump through it's all seeming very daunting but I think all the experience and knowledge from this great community will definitely help guide us through the rapids.

Anyway, hello and pleased to meet you all.

Rob

Online larrabee

• Liked: 2900
Re: Howdo. New York>>>Norwich
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 11:29:55 AM »
Hi there people,

I've had this site bookmarked for years and finally decided it's time to jump in as me and my lovely lady will no doubt be needing to dip into this wonderful pool of knowledge and bug everyone over the coming months  ;D

I live in Norwich UK and 'met' my lovely American girlfriend (currently living slightly upstate NY) on MySpace (remember that?) back in 2006 (although we did and do have lots of real world mutual friends). We met and got together in 2007 and have been doing the long distance thing, travelling back and forth seeing each other roughly every 3 or 4 months ever since. 10 year anniversary right about now  8) ;D We're planning on getting married later this year and then fingers crossed she'll be moving over here early next year.
Looking at all the boxes to be ticked and hoops to jump through it's all seeming very daunting but I think all the experience and knowledge from this great community will definitely help guide us through the rapids.

Anyway, hello and pleased to meet you all.

Rob

Hi Rob! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the engagement!  ;D

It sounds like that's what your plan is anyway but just to confirm, it's much easier to have the actual wedding in the US then apply directly for the spouse visa after that.  :)
March 28th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).March 7th 2018 ILR. YAY! March 21st NCS&JCAP appointment.

Offline oldpunk

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 11:33:02 AM »
Hi Larrabee  :D

Thanks.
Yeah, from what we've read on here so far marrying over in the US definitely seems to be the way to go so that's our plan. We really had no idea of what way to go until we saw that on here so this forum has helped us already  ;D

Online larrabee

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 12:14:44 PM »
Hi Larrabee  :D

Thanks.
Yeah, from what we've read on here so far marrying over in the US definitely seems to be the way to go so that's our plan. We really had no idea of what way to go until we saw that on here so this forum has helped us already  ;D

I'm always happy when people find us before they apply, makes the process so much easier!  ;D
March 28th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).March 7th 2018 ILR. YAY! March 21st NCS&JCAP appointment.

Offline Janette Phillips

• Liked: 34
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »
Hi old punk  :)

I'm a Brit from Norwich, living in SC with my US born husband ....we married here, it was a whole lot easier. Now my husbands retired we are going back to Norwich to live. He got his visa back recently, we applied priority spouse visa and had our response 17 business days  :D

Flights booked 10th September, very excited.
Good luck with whatever you decide and stay with this forum I couldn't have done it without the knowledge and support I've received here.
Met for the first time 2012
Married in the US May 2014
Biometrics for husband 12th June
Package mailed priority  to Sheffield 13th June
Email confirmation from Sheffield 16th June.
Decision received 11th July 😀 17 BD

Offline oldpunk

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 03:55:20 PM »
Hello again people,
It's been a while since I've been here so I figured I'd just bump this up again.
For various reasons and family stuff our plans regards the whole visa process got put on hold for a short while but now we're ready to set the gears in motion and get things moving again.

We just got married out in the woods here in upstate NY yesterday so I'm sure me and my lovely new wife will be utilizing this wonderful community for all the helpful hints and advice can get over the coming weeks and months.

So hey there again and thanks in advance :)
Rob

Online jfkimberly

• Liked: 332
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 04:24:23 PM »
Hello again people,
It's been a while since I've been here so I figured I'd just bump this up again.
For various reasons and family stuff our plans regards the whole visa process got put on hold for a short while but now we're ready to set the gears in motion and get things moving again.

We just got married out in the woods here in upstate NY yesterday so I'm sure me and my lovely new wife will be utilizing this wonderful community for all the helpful hints and advice can get over the coming weeks and months.

Rob

Congratulations on your marriage!

When you get ready to make the application, be sure to start a thread in the Visas & Citizenship section with any questions you might have, or to get guidance on the process.  If you think you'll be applying soon, start gathering your paperwork!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!

Online larrabee

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »
Hello again people,

Rob

Congratulations Rob! And welcome back!

Offline margo

• Liked: 267
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 05:54:09 PM »
Hello again people,

Rob
Congrats! There are quite a few upstate NYers about, sounds like a lovely spot for a wedding. Good luck with your application, the visas section is the place to be for that! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Met: 2013
Married: 2016
Biometrics: 7/25/17
Mailed: 7/29/17
Confirmation Email: 8/2/17
Decision Email:
Received:

Offline x0Kiss0fDeath

• Liked: 425
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 10:17:41 AM »
Welcome back :) (and congrats on the marriage)