Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fabuloso?  (Read 3441 times)

• Liked: 7
Fabuloso?
« on: September 02, 2017, 10:50:06 AM »
So, like every Saturday morning, I find myself wearing an apron, washing dishes, listening to a playlist of Selena, Banda Macho, and some Vicente Fernandez. I'm filling up my bucket with hot water, soap and a dash of bleach... when it hits me, I don't have any fabuloso! I always knew SOMETHING was missing each time I mop, but I've finally realised.. FABULOSO! Or at least some Pinesol. So the question is, what do y'all use here that would be like Pinesol or Fabuloso?

• Liked: 768
Re: Fabuloso?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 10:52:32 AM »
So, like every Saturday morning, I find myself wearing an apron, washing dishes, listening to a playlist of Selena, Banda Macho, and some Vicente Fernandez. I'm filling up my bucket with hot water, soap and a dash of bleach... when it hits me, I don't have any fabuloso! I always knew SOMETHING was missing each time I mop, but I've finally realised.. FABULOSO! Or at least some Pinesol. So the question is, what do y'all use here that would be like Pinesol or Fabuloso?
Flash?

But I do love Fabuloso too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »

Over here it's Flash!
And it has the most amazing talking dog commercial ever. Seriously, you have to watch it!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
I miss windex, windolene is just not the same.  Trying to find good cleaning stuff still...husband is all ammonia is bad..I just care that it cleans and leaves no streaks and gets rid of gunk so easily.

Currently giving the Method line of products a try, seeing everyone with the whole safe cleaners cleaning bug so I figured I would try it too while I try to discover new items here anyhow.
UK Spouse Visa
Arrival to UK:                            3rd May 2017
FLR(M) Application:                1st Jan 2020. [Standard]
FLR(M) Biometrics:                 27th Feb 2020.
FLR(M) Approval:                     6th Mar 2020.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 10:55:59 AM »
I miss windex, windolene is just not the same.  Trying to find good cleaning stuff still...husband is all ammonia is bad..I just care that it cleans and leaves no streaks and gets rid of gunk so easily.

Currently giving the Method line of products a try, seeing everyone with the whole safe cleaners cleaning bug so I figured I would try it too while I try to discover new items here anyhow.

Have you tried using vinegar? It's good for all sorts of things.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 11:03:13 AM »
Have you tried using vinegar? It's good for all sorts of things.
I have found a spray bottle of 100% vinegar in the cleaning supplies. It works great on my glass shower door.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 7
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 11:19:13 AM »

That avatar tho! Hahahaha! I miss Comet Powder. I used to pretty much clean everything with that haha! I used Comet Powder, Windex, 409, bleach and fabuloso! Now I've got off brand window cleaner, co op bathroom foam cleaner, detol? And some sort of thick bleach. Just not the same lol! At least I have spotify and can clean to my fav cleaning music hahaha!

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 01:07:49 PM »

That avatar tho! Hahahaha! I miss Comet Powder. I used to pretty much clean everything with that haha! I used Comet Powder, Windex, 409, bleach and fabuloso! Now I've got off brand window cleaner, co op bathroom foam cleaner, detol? And some sort of thick bleach. Just not the same lol! At least I have spotify and can clean to my fav cleaning music hahaha!

The best window cleaner I've found, works just like Windex, we got at a local store called Massey's.   The brand doesn't look like much, but it's awesome.

HG Interiors.
Apparently it's Dutch. Haha.

Edited to add: it's even blue!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:29:16 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 01:31:52 PM »
The best window cleaner I've found, works just like Windex, we got at a local store called Massey's.   The brand doesn't look like much, but it's awesome.

HG Interiors.
Apparently it's Dutch. Haha.

Edited to add: it's even blue!

Will have to try it once I am out of windolene, looks they have it on Amazon.
UK Spouse Visa
Arrival to UK:                            3rd May 2017
FLR(M) Application:                1st Jan 2020. [Standard]
FLR(M) Biometrics:                 27th Feb 2020.
FLR(M) Approval:                     6th Mar 2020.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 01:36:59 PM »
Will have to try it once I am out of windolene, looks they have it on Amazon.

I think you can get it at a lot of stores, but I've only been to Massey's and a B&Q and I didn't look for cleaners in B&Q, just a rug!

I was really worried it was going to be a crappy window cleaner, but it's a streak free shine just like Windex. Even has a similar smell! Haha. I use it on mirrors and windows.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »

I miss Comet Powder. I used to pretty much clean everything with that haha!

Home Bargains has Vim scouring powder...close enough?

• Liked: 85
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 05:42:41 PM »
You can get it on Amazon, not cheep but you can get it,

You can also get Windex

Online Application Spouse Visa - 27 Jan 2015
Visa Received - 16 Feb 2015
FLR(M) In-Person  (Approved)- 4 Jan 2018
ILR (M) Approval - 23 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) - 28 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) APPROVED!!!!! - 10 Feb 2021
Citizenship ceremony - 10 June 2021

• Liked: 111
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 07:46:16 PM »
I'm that Mexican-American that doesn't have the "Mexican cleaning gene". But when I'm at the store and I know I have to break down and do it, I'm always drawn to buying Fabuloso and always the purple one. I absolutely hate the scent of lavender so it's puzzling why I pick it. I guess that someone in my family used it.

Because that whole cleaning thing escapes me, I can't say that I'm brand-loyal about cleaning products which is apparently a good thing. I used to get my cleaning products from Lakeland Limited. They have a wide-range of really good products that work very well. Or at least they did for me.

How do you get any cleaning done with Vicente? He's more of a drinking your sorrows type of guy. My Dad's cousin, Lorenzo de Monteclaro, has fun songs that if I was ever inclined to turn Mexican and actually clean I would to his songs:

This one is my favorite of his and I suddenly get the urge to actually put clothes in my washer with Ariel. There's hope for me yet! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 674
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »
Home Bargains has Vim scouring powder...close enough?

Vim, really??? I haven't seen that since I was in pigtails. My mother used to use it (East Coast, USA). That actually doesn't imply it was good, just that it was cheap.  ;)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 12:00:49 PM »
Cleaning products. Hmm , my husband is particular about his brands.  But since he does the bathrooms, the floors, the windows... I let him be picky  :P
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links