Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Transfer of Residency - so confused!  (Read 1058 times)

• Liked: 51
Transfer of Residency - so confused!
« on: September 15, 2017, 09:06:03 PM »
I just learned about ToR today, and I'm incredibly confused...

I married my british husband in June of this year, and am waiting for my spousal visa to come back, hopefully in the next three weeks. I have to boxes I'd like to ship, that are literally full of just clothing, housewares, toiletries, etc. Anything heavy I was trying to avoid having in my suitcases.

I just tried to look at and get a feel for the online ToR form, and it was asking all these questions about:

- whether I was sending 'presents' more than 2 months before my wedding,
- and why my partner wouldn't be coming with me to the UK (he's a citizen and resident, and as such is already there),
- and then it asked me for a copy of my lease/mortgage for where I live in the USA now- I'm currently living with my parents waiting for the visa, so there's no documentation...

Can anyone offer advice?
Married: 06/2017
Online App (priority): Aug 7
Biometrics: Aug 9
Docs sent to Sheffield: Aug 9
Confirmation from Sheffield: Aug 12
Email saying decision made: Sep 21!
Documents returned: /
Result?!: /

• Liked: 35
Re: Transfer of Residency - so confused!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 03:52:14 PM »
I just learned about ToR today, and I'm incredibly confused...

I married my british husband in June of this year, and am waiting for my spousal visa to come back, hopefully in the next three weeks. I have to boxes I'd like to ship, that are literally full of just clothing, housewares, toiletries, etc. Anything heavy I was trying to avoid having in my suitcases.

I just tried to look at and get a feel for the online ToR form, and it was asking all these questions about:

- whether I was sending 'presents' more than 2 months before my wedding,
- and why my partner wouldn't be coming with me to the UK (he's a citizen and resident, and as such is already there),
- and then it asked me for a copy of my lease/mortgage for where I live in the USA now- I'm currently living with my parents waiting for the visa, so there's no documentation...

Can anyone offer advice?

Hi emkakora:

Most of what you put in the form will be personal to you, but getting through page 3 is where I imagine you are finding difficulty.

This is what we put for page 3 of the form:
"What are you planning to do in UK or other country of EU?" -- We answered "Other" as we've been married 10 years and are not coming over to marry.
In the box we said that we have been married 10 years, that the UK spouse had already returned to the UK and the USA spouse had applied for spousal visa, awaiting approval.

Below that we answered the next 3 questions No, Yes, No.

Then "State the reason why your family and/or partner is/are not coming......." -- we said British spouse has already moved back.

"How many times a year do you expect to visit....?" -- Awaiting spousal approval for permanent move to UK.

We then printed off the form, signed it, and emailed it in with an attachment including photocopies of driving license, and passport and a list of what we are bringing. I wrote in the email that it was a preliminary list, but that we were bringing our dogs, but no vehicle or large furniture or appliances. I also explained that it was an anticipated date, not set in concrete as we are at the mercy of UKVI. :)

Hope this helps.

• Liked: 51
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 05:15:15 AM »
Uuugh ok. Well, that's been sent off for better or for worse. :P Thanks for the advice! I hope it gets approved quickly
Married: 06/2017
Online App (priority): Aug 7
Biometrics: Aug 9
Docs sent to Sheffield: Aug 9
Confirmation from Sheffield: Aug 12
Email saying decision made: Sep 21!
Documents returned: /
Result?!: /

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 07:33:14 AM »
Uuugh ok. Well, that's been sent off for better or for worse. :P Thanks for the advice! I hope it gets approved quickly

We got our email response in 5 business days, so fingers crossed yours is as speedy. :)

• Liked: 33
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:13:14 PM »
I'm about to embark on this. Ugh. Looks as aggravating as the visa app!  Out of curiosity, why do they want one's mortgage statement from US? To confirm you aren't running some weird import/export business a la "Art Van de Lay"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 11:10:42 PM »
I'm about to embark on this. Ugh. Looks as aggravating as the visa app!  Out of curiosity, why do they want one's mortgage statement from US? To confirm you aren't running some weird import/export business a la "Art Van de Lay"?

"Art Van de Lay" made me bust out laughing. Haven't heard that in years. Thanks for that. :)

We didn't submit mortgage statements or anything other than what I have mentioned in another post. Just kept it simple. Submitted a copy of passport photo page, driver's licence, and a list of what we are moving over. Just explained my spouse was moving over permanently on a spouse visa, that we didn't have definite dates as we were waiting approval.

Art Van de Lay....snicker.  :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab