Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do you ever just look at your pet(s)...  (Read 4727 times)

• Liked: 85
Re: Do you ever just look at your pet(s)...
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 11:10:56 AM »
I'm constantly told how I can't even understand what the love for a child is like just because I have a dog and how it's not the same at all. I mean, I can understand there are a LOT of differences, but I laugh when my coworkers talk about how they get no peace because their kids follow them around. I'm like "my dog literally opens the door on my while I'm in the toilet because she gets clingy sometimes...LOL

I have not been allowed to do a wee alone for ten years!

• Liked: 248
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 02:14:03 PM »
Love all of these pics so much!

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 02:27:48 PM »
Kissofdeath, your dog is gorgeous. I've always been more of a dog person, although I love my cats and have come to appreciate cats as a species much more since having them. These are my babies, Hester and Hugo. Hugo is the tuxedo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 248
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 03:40:55 PM »
Hester looks like my mature lady.  Paddie is 15/16 years old and is loving being in England.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 03:44:39 PM »
Can I ask how people named their pets?

Sobe (my Siamese) is an acronym for Sweet Old Blue Eyes.

Copper (my Abyssinian who recently passed) was, well, Copper coloured.  What my (now) husband doesn't know is that my ex (first husband) named her as "he was a cop and she purred).   :D

I'm a big fan of silly names for pets.   ;D

• Liked: 768
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 03:46:57 PM »

Copper (my Abyssinian who recently passed) was, well, Copper coloured.  What my (now) husband doesn't know is that my ex (first husband) named her as "he was a cop and she purred).   :D

Mine is Pedro Felix.

My husband just picked out Pedro and his mum hated that name. I cheekily called him Pedro Felix in front of her one day and she went gaga over the name. So it stuck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 03:48:47 PM »
Mine is Pedro Felix.

My husband just picked out Pedro and his mum hated that name. I cheekily called him Pedro Felix in front of her one day and she went gaga over the name. So it stuck.

Pedro Felix!  Love it!

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 03:51:32 PM »
Hester got her name because she has a little white star on the tip of her tail, and "Hester" means "star" (like Esther). Also, because I associate it with Hester Prynne and olde-world New England, which I associate with witches, which I associate with black cats. And because I love the name and don't have any non-fur kids to give it to.

Hugo is the only name my husband and I could agree on. He wanted to name the cat Sergeant Fuzzyboots, but I think pets should have human names. DH still sometimes calls him Fuzzyboots, but he's had several promotions and is now Field Marshal Hugo Fuzzyboots.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 03:53:57 PM »
Hester got her name because she has a little white star on the tip of her tail, and "Hester" means "star" (like Esther). Also, because I associate it with Hester Prynne and olde-world New England, which I associate with witches, which I associate with black cats. And because I love the name and don't have any non-fur kids to give it to.

Hugo is the only name my husband and I could agree on. He wanted to name the cat Sergeant Fuzzyboots, but I think pets should have human names. DH still sometimes calls him Fuzzyboots, but he's had several promotions and is now Field Marshal Hugo Fuzzyboots.

I literally cannot stop giggling at your husbands names!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 04:25:03 PM »
My husband named our pair, but one didn't make it. So he always gives human names to his pets, mine never were. So we were thinking of famous sisters and Kylie and Dani Minogue came up, and I liked Kylie but not Dani. So we opted for Kylie and Elly. Kylie had a disease that ate her red blood cells :( Poor girl. But Elly was much stronger and is still snuggling away.

My previous kitty was named Lotus.  I was having a hard time thinking of names and an ex boyfriend was talking about Lotus cars and I was like hey - they're sleek and fast like her!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »

So this is "Puffy" the cat that can't meow....and Odin his rather large sidekick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »
Be thankful I don't know how to put a picture on here! 

Sometimes (lots of times) I have to be careful when talking to people about my brood because I know it is boring for people who don't understand.

Feel free to post pictures whenever(if you figure out how haha)! I totally get it! I'm sure I bore the sh*t out of people with my dog-spam :D haha

I'm seriously LOVING all these pet pics! :D :D Started my new job today and had people talk at me from 8:15 until 5:15 so my brain is just knackered so this is a very welcome thread to come home to! hah
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 08:26:05 PM »
Kissofdeath, your dog is gorgeous. I've always been more of a dog person, although I love my cats and have come to appreciate cats as a species much more since having them. These are my babies, Hester and Hugo. Hugo is the tuxedo.

Thank you :) I am definitely a dog person 100% but I don't discriminate! I will cuddle dogs and cats alike! haha Yours are adorable!

Faelynn's name is Faelynn (not exactly silly, sorry!) because she's a pomsky (pomeranian-husky) and huskies typically look like wolves so we were trying to find a name meaning "wolf" (although, she looks more fox, but foxy didn't fit her when we were trying out names on our drive home with her). All of them were kind of manly and didn't match her face until we came across Faelan meaning "little wolf" and it just fit her (although we changed the spelling to make it look nicer). We tried out a few names like Zelda and Cleopatra (as she has Egyptian-style eyeliner markings that now make us look like twins as it's now I do my eyeliner more or less hahah) but they just didn't stick like Faelynn did.

We do end up just calling her pig/piggy/pig-pog/piggles/etc. as she is mentally chubby with how food motivated she is - like a little pig. She will pretty much answer to Faelynn and Pig LOL.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 768
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 08:31:51 PM »
I miss these guys. I had to leave them behind along with my kids.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 08:41:55 PM »

I wanted to name Mylo "Swarles Barkley" and call him Swarley, but my husband wouldn't have it. So I named him after the ginger kitten from Milo and Otis. It happens to mean soldier as well. Only name we could agree on.

Lily was named Barbie, and we wanted a name that ended in the same sound to help her adjust. She gets called Lill, Lilyphant, Lillers, etc.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab